Dave Hyde

Some early parameters for those of us using hardware controls

Dave Hyde

I've spent a couple of hours attaching some (basic, 6 button * 3) hardware controls to the A320. For controlling 2 thirds of what I do (doors and flight controls), there are defaults and key commands you can tag up to FSUIPC easily using documented functions. For the lights, not so much. If you're using FSUIPC you can assign the following parameters to "Custom Control" number 66587 (rotor_brake):

Beacon light on: 72477
Beacon light off: 72476

Nose light increment (i.e move up from Off>Taxi>TO): 72512
Nose light decrement: 72511

Runway turnoff On: 72492
Runway turnoff Off: 72491

Strobe increment (i.e. move up from Off>Auto>On): 72472
Strobe decrement: 72471

Wing light On: 72482
Wing light Off: 72481

Left Landing Light increment (i.e from Retract>Off>On): 72497
Left Landing Light decrement: 72496
Right Landing Light increment: 72507
Right Landing Light decrement: 72506

For beacon, rwy turnoff and wing lights, I was able to use 72476, 72491, 72482 and repeat press to make it act as a toggle, which suggests that sending either on or off commands repeatedly for those would do the job. I haven't tested anything else yet and am unlikely to take it much further with my Saitek yoke, but hopefully this will help some people get started.

Edit: 

Seatbelt switch up: 72547
Seatbelt switch down: 72456

No smoking up: 72549
No smoking down: 72548

Seatbelt/smoke switch note: again, you can use either of the up/down keys here to act as a toggle. So pressing belts on twice will turn them off. Not sure why that is.

• Like 8

Antrillion

Thanks for this list. I was in need of some other functions, mainly the EFIS and A/P controls, and managed to figure a bunch of these out. It seems that actually one control is sent when you press your mouse button, and another when you release it. In some cases this seems to matter, and you probably should send both, in other cases it seems to be enough to send the first control.

I've attached a spreadsheet with the codes I've gathered so far.  Unfortunately this approach does not seem to work for many of the "flat" switches on the OHP, or the master caution/warning etc.  Don't know how to get those to work.

Anyway, this is a work in progress, feel free to update it with your own codes.

And note that this is very unofficial, I guess all of these codes could potentially change in the next update since no official SDK is available yet. But it works for me now anyway. :)

FSLA320-ControlCodes.xlsx

Edited by Antrillion
Updated excel file.
  • Like 4

Günter Steiner

Great find guys.

I completely forgot about the good old PMDG RotorBrake.

Will do a LINDA module now

• Like 2

NilsUnger

Wow, @davey6693 and @Antrillion you both deserve my "members of the week award" for this! I am thrilled you found a way to bind all those functions to keys.

There are only a few (but important) functions missing to make it complete for me.

Do any of you know the parameters for FCU ALT push, ALT pull, ALT increase, ALT decrease?

Thanks again for this very usefull info!

EDIT: How do you identify the correct parameter values? Maybe I can also try to find some more...

Dave Hyde
3 hours ago, dermobb said:

Wow, @davey6693 and @Antrillion you both deserve my "members of the week award" for this! I am thrilled you found a way to bind all those functions to keys.

There are only a few (but important) functions missing to make it complete for me.

Do any of you know the parameters for FCU ALT push, ALT pull, ALT increase, ALT decrease?

Thanks again for this very usefull info!

EDIT: How do you identify the correct parameter values? Maybe I can also try to find some more...

You need to have FSUIPC in logging mode, then log "Events (non-axis controls)". Once you do that you can click and watch carefully for the rotorbrake commands. As @Antrillion mentions, some switches may not work under this category. The only other annoying thing is that any mouse movement or hovering is also recorded and dumped out to your logging window, so you see the logging window filling up with a lot of spurious information. I move the mouse to the button I want to hit, wait until the log window stops filling up, then click.

All of these are as above (rotor_brake) commands:

Alt Push (left-click): 71249 (mouse click), 71252 (mouse release)
Alt Pull (rt-click) : 71250 (mouse click), 71253 (mouse release)

Alt increase:   71261
Alt decrease: 71262  

Edit: haven't tested these with assigned commands yet, busy flying!

• Like 1

NilsUnger

Will try. Thanks for your help!

Note 1: This again shows how powerful FSUIPC is. Pete is a true flightsim hero in my opinion.

Note 2: @Lefteris Kalamaras, I think this thread is worth to be stickied or at least mentioned in the FAQ. Many members have asked for something like this and maybe are not yet aware of the solution.

Antrillion

I will try to update the spreadsheet will all controls listed in this thread tonight, and tidy it up a bit so as to make it easier for those who want to use it. (So that there is only one place one has to look). @guenseli I hope you will share that LUA module when you're done! :)

• Like 1

Andrea Bianchini

Really looking forward for the Linda module! Thank you thank you thank you gounseli

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

Antrillion

I have updated the excel file attached to my previous post in this thread to include more codes, and the mouse-up-code for all controls as well.

That was about as much as I had the energy to sit through today. There are more controls that works with the RotorBrake, but I don't have the energy to go through them all unfortunately. (At least not right now). The most important ones are there, i.e. EFIS, FCU and Lights, (and some other).

If anyone wants to fill in more stuff here that would be very welcome. :)

PS. If you have a rotary as an axis that you want to set the ND range with by mapping ranges in FSUIPC, I found that actually sending five decrease followed by the appropriate number of increases to get to the exact position you want in lua (ipc.control) seems to be working great, it happens so fast that there is no indication that the knob was actually "turned" back and forth.

• Like 2

Chakko Kovoor

I am really happy to see that the FS control numbers have now been made available through the work of @davey6693, @Antrillion, @guenseli, and others. Thank you! On the input side of things, this information is equivalent to whatever the SDK might provide. For the output side of things, I see that some state information (like for instance the state of the green LED annuntiators on the momentary switches) can be extracted via the appropriate LVars, but for the digital readouts we will indeed have to wait for the SDK.

• Like 1

Jeremy Grimaud

Hello everybody,

I'm having issue to set up the master caution and master warning p/b. Using FSUIPC logging system, I found the following parameters :

• 610235 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196878 (0x0003010e), Param= 9240576 (0x008d0000) <unknown> (pressing Master Warning p/b)
  • 611188 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196878 (0x0003010e), Param= 9306112 (0x008e0000) <unknown> (releasing Master Warning p/b)
  • 1027328 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196878 (0x0003010e), Param= 9109504 (0x008b0000) <unknown> (pressing Master Caution p/b)
  • 1028219 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196878 (0x0003010e), Param= 9175040 (0x008c0000) <unknown> (releasing Master Caution p/b)

And now, FSUIPC doesn't let met set a higher Cntrl than 131070. How do you do in this case ?

170308070303646307.png

EDIT : disregard my message, I missed the following part of Antrillion message.

On 26/01/2017 at 6:00 PM, Antrillion said:

I've attached a spreadsheet with the codes I've gathered so far.  Unfortunately this approach does not seem to work for many of the "flat" switches on the OHP, or the master caution/warning etc.  Don't know how to get those to work.

Without more news, I guess there's still no know way to make thoses buttons working ?

Matthew Webb

Yep - I got the same question playing with the APU master switch:

779922 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196877 (0x0003010d), Param= 262144 (0x00040000) <unknown>

785954 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196877 (0x0003010d), Param= 524288 (0x00080000) <unknown>

Thanks guys!!

NilsUnger

Look at this post. It is described pretty well.

Matthew Webb

Thanks for the info, unfortunately it doesn't answer the question.

The examples you refer to use rotor_brake commands.  The examples Flyer and myself use don't use rotor_brake  and FSUIPC won't let you put in a value of 196878 / 196877 as it is outside the allowable range (max value allowed 131090).

I'm doing some digging in the FSUIPC forums and will post if I find anything...

NilsUnger
12 hours ago, matt_webb said:

Thanks for the info, unfortunately it doesn't answer the question.

The examples you refer to use rotor_brake commands.

Yes, I thought this is the only way to get it to work.

Alan Davies

You can edit your .lua file and enter those parameters, for example:  ipc.control(196877,524288).  But that doesn't do anything on my system.  When I look for APU Master parameters I get control 197276, and various parameters such as 65536, 131072, 196608, 26214, etc. up to 589824.  (Hex 10000, 20000, 30000, 40000, etc. up to 90000) But none of them operate the button when called from a lua file.

I'd love to be able to assign APU Master, APU Start, APU Bleed, and a few other pb's to joystick buttons, like I do for every plane I fly.  But it seems that without some guidance/help from the developers, I'm at a dead end for now.

Alan

wobun2foxtrot

Wow this is cool! Quick question though: How did you even find the event ID numbers for the aircraft to use in FSUIPC? I have a similar list for both the PMDG 737 and the 777.

Norman Blackburn

Hi Wobun2F

Can we ask that you check out this post first?  Thanks!

Tarik Dosdogru

Hi,

it would be great if someone could figure out the value for the transpoder switch. To me it´s the most important switch to have on the joystick while flying online on ivao.

FS++_G+E+R+A_L+D+R+EILL+Y
9 hours ago, Tarik Dosdogru said:

Hi,

it would be great if someone could figure out the value for the transpoder switch. To me it´s the most important switch to have on the joystick while flying online on ivao.

Here you go. Transponder mode rotary switch

EVID_XPNDR_MODE_DEC    = 78291,
 EVID_XPNDR_MODE_INC    = 78292,

Victor Buchkov

May i have the values for packs and/or auto-brakes, please?

FS++_G+E+R+A_L+D+R+EILL+Y
8 hours ago, Victor Buchkov said:

May i have the values for packs and/or auto-brakes, please?

There are no such event parameters for "square type" switches. I mean all switches above external lights panel, as well as FMC-CDU, Autobrake, Master caution, and a few pedestal panel switches.

You'll need simulated clicks in VC for those.

We managed that in FSX, but not in P3D yet.

Download Multi Crew Experience Demo here

• Like 1

Victor Buchkov
15 minutes ago, FS++ said:

There are no such event parameters for "square type" switches. I mean all switches above external lights panel, as well as FMC-CDU, Autobrake, Master caution, and a few pedestal panel switches.

Many thanks for the explanations. I'll try creating FSUIPC macro's then.. I'll report back

Vincent Twisker
On 21-3-2017 at 8:24 PM, Victor Buchkov said:

I'll try creating FSUIPC macro's then.. I'll report back

Hi Victor,

Any luck with those macro's?

Vincent

Vincent Twisker

Does anybody know if it is possible to use some of these ROTOR BRAKE parameters with Saitek panels (MultiPanel, SwitchPanel and RadioPanel) using SPAD.NEXT? Or is LINDA the only way to link these to the panels?

Cheers!

Vincent

Vincent Twisker

I might as well answer the last question myself; it is very easy with SPAD.NEXT to assign the ROTOR BRAKE parameters to any of the Saitek panels mentioned. Except for displayed values on the Multipanel, all work very nice. I'm using the Short push / Long push to simulated the MANAGED/SELECTED FCU activations.

Even though at the moment I have better results with SPAD.NEXT than with LINDA's module for the FSLabs320, I did notice that the module has just been updated to V0.6 with amongst others WIPERS....did anybody find the ROTOR BRAKE parameters for these? It would be great to have another update of the ControlCodes.XLSX document.

Ciao!

Vincent 

Chakko Kovoor

I built a hardware EFIS+FCU for my A320X, using FS Controls for the inputs and on-screen pixel detection for the outputs, and here is a video demonstrating its functionality:

Demo: Hardware EFIS + FCU for FSLabs A320X

Edited by Chakko Kovoor
updated video uploaded
  • Like 1

Dave Hyde
On 3/21/2017 at 3:08 PM, FS++ said:

I also just went looking for LUA variables for the packs. They were easy enough to find:

L:VC_OVHD_AC_Pack_1_Button=0 (off) L:VC_OVHD_AC_Pack_1_Button=10 (On)
L:VC_OVHD_AC_Pack_2_Button=0 (off) L:VC_OVHD_AC_Pack_2_Button=10 (On)

but writing 0 or 10 to those variables doesn't do anything functionally. It's actually quite annoying because you can see a visible push of the button when you try it out, but, I'm afraid, no actual state change. 

Since we've taken it quite far on our own in this thread, would any dev care to tell us if we will definitely need SP1 to actuate push button switches through ipc/Lua, or not?

• Like 2

Vincent Twisker

Did you manage to get the wiper and transponder buttons to operate in FSX? Because these are stated in the Linda FSLabs module I am wondering if I could use these with the ROTOR BRAKE codes like the other switches from the XLSX document.

Cheers

Jeffrey van der Lem

Hi guys, will be there soon more offsets avialable for buttons and switches for the fslabs 320? I've got a excel from the forum with some codes, but not everything is in there.

Cheers

Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, Jeffrey_Pilot said:

Hi guys, will be there soon more offsets avialable for buttons and switches for the fslabs 320? I've got a excel from the forum with some codes, but not everything is in there.

Cheers

@Jeffrey_Pilot please change your forum display name to be your real name thanks.

Jeffrey van der Lem

Nothing unreal about my name! But I have changed it. 

I hope you guys can give me an answer about the aviability of more offsets/codes then I have already in the excel file.

Regards

Norman Blackburn

We will have further details in the future.

• Thanks 1

Vincent Twisker

Hi Jeffrey...if you check the latest LINDA FSLabs 320X module.. .they have found a few more functions than the ones on the Excel sheet. However they won't share the Rotor brake codes.  Basically most of the square pushbuttons overhead are missing.  It looks like we have to wait for FSLABS to publish the (not for free?) Homecockpit version.

Günter Steiner
21 hours ago, Vincent Twisker said:

However they won't share the Rotor brake codes.

What do you mean with "they won't share"?

Of course, you can download the module and there are all codes you need.

But only the codes, we have found, of course. We do not keep back anything.

And yes, unfortunately, from most of the overhead buttons, we haven't found any solution so far.

Get prepred to pay FSLabs for the improved hardware ability  :(

• Like 1

Vincent Twisker

Apologies, that did not sound nice. Of course the LINDA modules are available without restriction. Which I am VERY thankful for. However I was experimenting to avoid running SPAD.NEXT and LINDA at the same time. For that I believe the actually Rotorbrake codes are required. I guess the wait continues for FSLabs to publish the Homecockpit version.

Günter Steiner

You have all the rotorbrake codes (we found) in the module.

As example the VC_PEDAL_DISC_FO_toggle:

local Lvar = 'VC_PEDAL_DISC_FO'
    local pos = ipc.readLvar(Lvar)
    local val = 76030
    ipc.control(FSL, val)
    ipc.sleep(200)
    local val = 76032
    ipc.control(FSL, val)
    ipc.sleep(200)
     pos = ipc.readLvar(Lvar)
    if pos > 0 then
        DspShow('FPdl', 'down')
    else
        DspShow('FPdl', 'up')
    end

It is a bit hidden to make coding easier for us, but you have to look for (e.g.)

local val = 76030

The Variable "FSL" is under InitVars and is 

FSL = 66587

what means it is the rotorbrake.

So, when a offsets reads 

ipc.control(FSL, val)

it is nothing else then

ipc.control(66587, 76030)

Vincent Twisker

Wow thanks Günter! Very helpful indeed.

ATB 

Vincent 

Will Burgess

Not sure if someone can help me but im trying to assign some of the lights for example the nose light. Can someone tell me how I put the codes in for this assignment as I am unable to get it to work.

OHP - EXT LT Nose Inc (On) 72512 72514

OHP - EXT LT Nose Dec (Off) 72511 72513

Also there are 2 codes so Im not really sure what im supposed to do with both of them. I know where I can enter them in but i pretty sure im doing it wrong.

Sorry im a noob at this , Will

Errais abdeljalil

PREDICT W SYSTEM codes pls

Vincent Twisker

Hi guys using the ECP dimming rotorbrake codes for the upper display (77025 increase and 77024 decrease) has anybody found  a way to assign this to an AXIS. Or is the only way to set up multiple ranges in FSUIPC going up and down for the axis to actually act like a rotary switch?

Matthias Staud
On 8.3.2017 at 6:44 PM, Jeremy Grimaud said:

Hello everybody,

I'm having issue to set up the master caution and master warning p/b. Using FSUIPC logging system, I found the following parameters :

• 610235 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196878 (0x0003010e), Param= 9240576 (0x008d0000) <unknown> (pressing Master Warning p/b)
  • 611188 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196878 (0x0003010e), Param= 9306112 (0x008e0000) <unknown> (releasing Master Warning p/b)
  • 1027328 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196878 (0x0003010e), Param= 9109504 (0x008b0000) <unknown> (pressing Master Caution p/b)
  • 1028219 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 196878 (0x0003010e), Param= 9175040 (0x008c0000) <unknown> (releasing Master Caution p/b)

And now, FSUIPC doesn't let met set a higher Cntrl than 131070. How do you do in this case ?

170308070303646307.png

EDIT : disregard my message, I missed the following part of Antrillion message.

Without more news, I guess there's still no know way to make thoses buttons working ?

Hi Together,

I would to ask if anyone have an idea to solve this problem?

Is there any possibility to send the Event to pressing the Master Warning Switch? or it's simply not possible for the reason it's out of range?

I working with SPAD Next and would to link a button of my Hotwas Throttle with the master Warning button..

Thanks for your help!

Vincent Twisker

- A note for our FSLabs A32X Home Cockpit and Professional Versions future customers: We are working with select hardware providers who have been eager to lend us their products so that we can ensure full and correct compatibility. Delays in releasing compatibility kits have been inevitable due to the various simulator platforms being released simultaneously. We hope and expect to have something for our customers by the end of the year...

Patience my friend ☺