"Normal" Failures on Startup

adamant365

adamant365

Should there be any "orange" failures during the engine start process? Since the .191 update I'm getting a YAW DAMPER fault while starting engine #2 with associated single chime and actions "FAC 1 OFF THEN ON". Once engine 1 is stable, it one goes away then I get a yellow system LO PRESS warning with chime before engine 2 start. They both clear after engine 2 is started.

adamant365

I am loading from a saved panel state. But it is one that I just created. I completely deleted all references to the FSL bus when I installed the update (I followed the reinstall guide thread in the help forum). My process for creating the panel state to simulate a ground turn:

1. Load trike - shut it completely down

2. Load the bus. Turn on battery 1, then battery 2. 

3. Power up the MCDU, connect ground A/C and GPU, and set chocks.

4. Turn on EXT PWR by clicking the "AVAIL" button.

5. Turn crew O2 supply on. Turn on nav lights. Strobes to Auto.

6. Open main cabin door, cargo 1, cargo 2, and bulk cargo door (Shift + Tab 1, Shift + Tab 5, Shift + Tab 6, Shift + Tab 7).

7. Addon Menu - FSLabs - Panel State - Save

Then to load the panel state, I simply launch FSX, pick my date/time and airport, select an FSL Bus version, and click "Fly Now." My Default FSX flight is the trike shut completely down. Then I load the panel state from the FSLabs menu. This is the exact same process I've followed for all new releases from the beginning with no issue until now.

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

@adamant365 there was another thread with someone having issues with panel states, to me it's broken (for example doesn't save IRU states) and I always run into erratic behaviors anytime I use saved states (I created a state following pretty much what you described below when the bus came out). I believe FSL is working on it

adamant365
6 minutes ago, njflyer said:

@adamant365 there was another thread with someone having issues with panel states, to me it's broken (for example doesn't save IRU states) and I always run into erratic behaviors anytime I use saved states (I created a state following pretty much what you described below when the bus came out). I believe FSL is working on it

It's unfortunate because it was working fine for my needs with the previous build. Maybe I'll try building the panel states again. 

As for not saving certain items, I'm with you there. I can get it to save the fact that GPU and ground A/C are connected (MCDU - EXT CONTROLS), but not the nose gear bypass pin being set even though they are on the same options page. Go figure.

• Like 2
adamant365

I rebuilt my "Loading-GPU" situation from scratch and so far no weird system failures on engine start. I probably won't get a full flight in until the weekend so that's the true test.