Huge improvement in fps with .191

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

With every release I'm loading the plane at the same small airport with no traffic to check the performance improvements with a constant environnement. So for all releases were pretty similar since the initial release.

But with the .191 I see a huge improvement, especially when the mouse cursor is hiding.

I went from 15 to 20 fps with the mouse active to 30-35 fps with the mouse hidden in previous release to 25-30 with the mouse active to 45-55 with the mouse hidden. thats almost twice the FPS I used to have.

I don't know how you did it fslabs but thats pretty impressive, even for your standard.

Well done. I was already deeply enjoying the 320 but thats really the cherry on the cake.

• Like 10

Jjk 

That's awesome to hear!

If it isn't an issue could you put up your rig specs.(apologies if it's already given in your signature, I am using the mobile variant of the forum)

Do you use spotlights as well?

That seems to be causing problems for few people and In the changelog spotlight improvements (maybe just in the effects) has been given.

Good performance on others rig, gives me confidence to buy this beauty once the service pack is out.

Warm regards

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Hi @777cap I have a mid range 2 years old PC:

Windows 10 | Intel core i5-4670K 3.40GHz | 8Go RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 | FSX SP2

I do use spotlights. Lefteris said it didn't have any effect on performance but I can't comment on that never having flown the 320 without it. Anyways the advantage spotlights gives you in terms of immersion and eye candy really is worth a few lost frames.

If you want to buy it I'd say go for it. It's the best aircraft I've ever seen in a flight sim and coming from the 777 it will give you many hours of fun trying to figure it out and learning to fly it properly.

And with the P3D version incoming it might get even better .

• Like 1
NilsUnger

I am currently in-flight at FL390 and just wanted to let the interested know my average fps numbers. This is a daylight flight and skies are friendly with just a few clouds.

VC-view: 68

wingview: 96

external: 85

Pretty impressive if you ask me. And my computer is certainly not top notch.

Rafal Haczek
20 minutes ago, dermobb said:

my computer is certainly not top notch

Maybe not the very top notch, but 4.6 GHz, GTX 960 and an SSD HD is something I would kill for. ;)

Tim Vancauwenbergh

Little improvement over here too, only a few FPS but every frame counts.

NilsUnger
4 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Maybe not the very top notch, but 4.6 GHz, GTX 960 and an SSD HD is something I would kill for. ;)

Please don't! :P

It cost me exactly 1000€ more than one year ago. Yes, that is a lot of money! But there are grafic cards that cost more than that, alone.