No cabin announcements and no Company message on EWD

Andrea Bianchini

Andrea Bianchini

Hi guys,

I've successfully updated to latest version of the A320X but i cannot hear in wing views the cabin announcement in any moment of flight.

British airways example: I've downloaded the files from the download area and placed them in ....\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 IAE

In this folder I had added these folders: the Sound.BAW and the texture.BAW

Started the flight, programmed mcdu, setted up for push back but in any phase of flight i have no cabin announcements in wing views

cabin.jpg

Problem 2:

When I ask on the ATSU menu the weather I see that the message Has been sent and in a few seconds I get the metar for the stations I've sent the query in the received messages section. The thing is that i do not see displayed on the EWD the "company message" message.

Is this normal? In the Matt video it appears....

Thanks in advance!

Gino

Karl Brooker

Do you have the Enviro\Cabin folders inside Sound.BAW? Additionally, have you programmed the aircraft to use the logic (MCDU > OPTIONS > CIDS) to display on the E/WD? You'll only hear the sounds during pushback (seatbelt signs on and engines starting) and taxi (if you take long enough, or the announcement is long). There are no other sounds presently.

Andrea Bianchini
1 minute ago, Karl Brooker said:

Do you have the Enviro\Cabin folders inside Sound.BAW? Additionally, have you programmed the aircraft to use the logic (MCDU > OPTIONS > CIDS) to display on the E/WD? You'll only hear the sounds during pushback (seatbelt signs on and engines starting) and taxi (if you take long enough, or the announcement is long). There are no other sounds presently.

Iin the Sound.baw one I have the folders Enviro, in it the folder Cabin and in it the file FSL_A320X_CABIN_SAFETY.ogg

Yes I did the settings in the MCDU pages.

I've made a lot of testings before annoying you about this already treated subject.

Andrea Bianchini

The video on twitch made a little confusion about what we have on the actual version and what we have to expect on the next release... Maybe just only on my mind.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5X utilizzando Tapatalk

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
3 hours ago, Konstantinos Kioussis said:

COMPANY MESAGE is avail in the upcoming version. 

What kind of message will we receive? (sorry I am missing something)

Thanks!

Konstantinos Kioussis

Well, normally when you request WX ( metar ) for a staion thru AOC, the response id received and printed. Instead of "actually" printing this t, it is redirected to RECV MESSAGES queu as a common TELEX. When at least one message in RECV MESSAGES is not viewed this "COMPANY MESSAGE" appears in the EWD as a MEMO to notify crew.

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

1 hour ago, Konstantinos Kioussis said:

Well, normally when you request WX ( metar ) for a staion thru AOC, the response id received and printed. Instead of "actually" printing this t, it is redirected to RECV MESSAGES queu as a common TELEX. When at least one message in RECV MESSAGES is not viewed this "COMPANY MESSAGE" appears in the EWD as a MEMO to notify crew.

ok got it, thanks Konstantinous, looking forward to the next update (whenever it's ready)