Update - January 2017

Lefteris Kalamaras

Ifikratis Kamenidis
1 hour ago, cyberstudio said:

It doesn't need to be fair, it is just what it is: They have it, we don't. That's life, and that's ok.

What always gets my atention is how good it behaves on those streams. Its ironic how the FSX version is buggier but has been released long ago, while the P3D version looks like it performs so well and should have less bugs but its still a month or 2 away? :huh:

Anyway, its not unfair. Its just what it is

Really hope you are wrong...I hope it will be out this month. 2 months still while in September it was "some weeks?"..sounds way too much to me. Lefteris initial post informed us that the P3D version is complete, they just try to reduce the memory footprint as far as we know.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seha Tanguy

• Ifikratis Kamenidis

• Jason Richardson

• David Murden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, I wanted to start this post by wishing you all a Happy New Year! 2016 has been a wonderful year for us at Flight Sim Labs as it was the year we finally released the A320-X for FSX

This thread is drifting way off track so let me clarify a couple of things quickly.  We have every intention to release the A320 for P3D. We are not going to wait months for LM to produce an

If you guys can't read - there is very little point in us posting any updates. 

Posted Images

J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S

I also hope it turns out to be a week or 2. I have this gut feeling that tells me February is the month :ph34r:. It should be clearer once they release the fsx patch.

• Like 3
B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

at this stage as @cyberstudio said, it is what it is, nothing anyone can do about it, I know it seems unfair to some that others have their hands on the P3D version already, but it is what FSL decided to do, they have their own reasons to do so, and  once we all have our hands on it, it will be water under the bridge, and we'll be a happy family :)

• Like 1
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
1 minute ago, njflyer said:

at this stage as @cyberstudio said, it is what it is, nothing anyone can do about it, I know it seems unfair to some that others have their hands on the P3D version already, but it is what FSL decided to do, they have their own reasons to do so, and  once we all have our hands on it, it will be water under the bridge, and we'll be a happy family :)

NO WAY we will be a happy family! After this I DEMAND the A318, so the cycle starts again :lol:

• Like 2
Sam de Freyssinet

For those who were in the Discord prior FlyPrdu's stream last night (which unfortunately ended prematurely due to an ISP issue) it was apparent that there are significant memory issues present between the current FSL A320 build and modest scenery settings on West Coast of the US running in P3D 3.4 HF2. SoCal in particular posed a real challenge in the current state of affairs. In fact I would like to propose to the development team that they use the LAX or NYC area as a test bed for memory optimizations as both are notoriously heavy on resources in P3D.

The time FSL are taking to optimize the A320 for a general P3D release is very welcome regardless of what LM ultimately do with P3D 3.4. If there is any additional optimization that can be squeezed out of this aircraft now before any additional fixes to the underlying platform are made, then it will undoubtably benefit us all.

Ensuring a smooth P3D release also ensures that FSL can move onto further platform improvements sooner than spending the next quarter fire fighting and supporting the product.

• Like 1
Seha Tanguy
2 minutes ago, nthabti said:

Please release the P3D version before the weekend... B)

THey said earlier this week that FSX update will come this week (done) but there is minimum 1 week til the P3D version, we're coming closer and closer, it should be not long anymore now

Eric Fisher
On 1/10/2017 at 9:42 AM, Karl Brooker said:

David,

We're not testing P3D (or other add-ons) for VAS problems. We're not quite happy that, at this stage, it would be a good idea to release on a platform that is causing a number of issues for a number of people which could - as Lefteris stated in the OP - be wrongly interpreted as being our fault.

Your insistent mention of comparisons to the 777 also assume that everyone on the testing team owns the 777 for P3D - what if we don't? I appreciate that a lot of people (yourself included) are anxious to get your hands on the P3D release, however you need to consider the potential ramifications to us if we release and there are memory issues due to an unstable platform. This is on top of the fact that there are a couple of bugs in the latest public release of the FSX version which are show-stoppers (show-stoppers for people who have paid a lot of money for our product), and we need to iron these out before we can switch focus to a P3D release.

Perhaps the dev's should look into what that chap on the German forum posted about the extreme amount of polys in the VC and optimize it better if in fact what he says is correct. 

Simon Kelsey

Hello Eric,

11 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Perhaps the dev's should look into what that chap on the German forum posted about the extreme amount of polys in the VC and optimize it better. 

Rest assured that no stone has been left unturned in the quest to optimise to the greatest possible extent. However, in honesty, having done a fair bit of testing, it just isn't true that dramatically cutting the poly count in the VC would free up enormous chunks of VAS.

Ultimately P3D itself simply consumes far more VAS from a standing start (A320 or no A320) than FSX. However, the team has been working very hard to optimise given the unparalleled depth and complexity of the simulation, and I think and hope you will be pleased with the outcome.

• Like 3
B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
2 hours ago, Simon Kelsey said:

Hello Eric,

Rest assured that no stone has been left unturned in the quest to optimise to the greatest possible extent. However, in honesty, having done a fair bit of testing, it just isn't true that dramatically cutting the poly count in the VC would free up enormous chunks of VAS.

Ultimately P3D itself simply consumes far more VAS from a standing start (A320 or no A320) than FSX. However, the team has been working very hard to optimise given the unparalleled depth and complexity of the simulation, and I think and hope you will be pleased with the outcome.

I watched Blackbox771 stream today and he showed us his VAS usage at a payware airport, seemed like he had plenty left. However I don't know what settings (texture size, autogen, scenery, AI, etc.) he was going with as it has huge impact on VAS. Needless to say the A320-X looked amazing in P3D :)