Lefteris Kalamaras

Just now, AirbusFlyer said:

His specs are on his twitch profile:

Let me quote the relevant components:

Gaming PC

• i7 6700k@ 4.6GHz
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • GTX 1080

He also has a lot of SSD space, but I dont know if he stores his P3D on a HDD or SDD. But the performance gain of a SSD (in terms of FPS) will be marginal... Loading will be quicker tho :D

Matt has a Samsung Evo M2 SSD on his Rig. 

You can see my rig in my signature and mine's just as smooth as his is.

Marcel Semelka
9 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Matt has a Samsung Evo M2 SSD on his Rig. 

You can see my rig in my signature and mine's just as smooth as his is.

Yep, I have not tested this particularly on P3D or FSX, but generally SSD space will only improve loading times, but not really smoothness in terms of FPS, because usually all realtime needed things are loaded into the RAM, which is a loooot faster that SSDs, even NVMe ones. DDR4-2400 for example can peak at about 19 GB/s, with dual and quad channel capabilites this number gets even bigger..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, njflyer said:

yeah no kidding, I mean the guy is talking about his ... size while previewing a FSL product , sounds like bunch of middle schoolers having fun, gimme a break :) 

5 hours ago, njflyer said:

I am listening to Andew talking now:

- the good : Hearing Andrew talking about the icing condition that will be simulated in SP1 and listen to him talk about the product.

- the bad: Hearing a Twicher being part of the beta team, but saying "I dont have time to beta" , this is discouraging isn't it? I am not bitter not being part of the team, but there are people that come here often that fly the real thing and dont get to be part of the team, I mean these guys on the stream are part of beta and all they talk about is "it would be cool to have steam on the windows, or flipping the plane on runway". Please pardon the negativity but this is discouraging to me  ... oh another penis joke now .. great job!  

A lot of hate from you njflyer or is it envy?

Matt and myself were asked if we would do some testing this week on a few issues the team were having with the eventual plan for us to showcase the product to our audience on Twitch.  We were not brought in as beta testers.  The team already have a great team that have worked their backsides off to get this product 99.9% of the way there.

As for your comments regarding, I presume Matt's stream but that I was part of, why do you feel the need for such negativity.  If you weren't enjoying it, there is a X in the top right of your screen which would have stopped the torture.  Matt and myself are incredibly humbled to have been asked to support this project in the latter stages and were only too happy to showcase what a fantastic piece of kit this is.  So what we were having fun whilst doing so, is that a crime? Having a laugh and joke along the way is unprofessional? You think real crews just sit there reading the FCOM the whole flight? Lighten up mate.

I try and do things professionally in my stream as much as I can, take some time to watch my past broadcasts and you will see. But today it was clear for anyone watching that my excitement to fly this aircraft got the better of me.  I even apologised at the end because I knew that I had become overwhelmed with the fact that I had 250-300 people watching, questions flying in whilst trying to fly a plane that is brand new in the terms of its complexity was a little too much to handle after a day at work.

Cut people a little slack and don't always look for the negativity in something, it's sad to read for us, it's sad to read for the rest of the visitors to the forum and it is sad to read for the developers.

From a very very excitable Wriggles89...

• Like 12

Pretty much what Dave said. I get bored of reading ridiculous comments, so I just ignore them.

Hey, maybe one day you'll grind us down to a point where we'll cease to exist, then maybe you can take the spotlight and be a productive member of the FS community? :)

• Like 11
B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
5 hours ago, wriggles89 said:

A lot of hate from you njflyer or is it envy?

Matt and myself were asked if we would do some testing this week on a few issues the team were having with the eventual plan for us to showcase the product to our audience on Twitch.  We were not brought in as beta testers.  The team already have a great team that have worked their backsides off to get this product 99.9% of the way there.

As for your comments regarding, I presume Matt's stream but that I was part of, why do you feel the need for such negativity.  If you weren't enjoying it, there is a X in the top right of your screen which would have stopped the torture.  Matt and myself are incredibly humbled to have been asked to support this project in the latter stages and were only too happy to showcase what a fantastic piece of kit this is.  So what we were having fun whilst doing so, is that a crime? Having a laugh and joke along the way is unprofessional? You think real crews just sit there reading the FCOM the whole flight? Lighten up mate.

I try and do things professionally in my stream as much as I can, take some time to watch my past broadcasts and you will see. But today it was clear for anyone watching that my excitement to fly this aircraft got the better of me.  I even apologised at the end because I knew that I had become overwhelmed with the fact that I had 250-300 people watching, questions flying in whilst trying to fly a plane that is brand new in the terms of its complexity was a little too much to handle after a day at work.

Cut people a little slack and don't always look for the negativity in something, it's sad to read for us, it's sad to read for the rest of the visitors to the forum and it is sad to read for the developers.

From a very very excitable Wriggles89...

Hi @wriggles89

There is no hate or envy at all, even though I was a P3D user before FSL released the product, I "downgraded" to FSX-SE and have been exclusively flying it since August. I am in no rush to have the P3D version on my desktop, I will get it when it's out.

I am not familiar with your channel or Matt's, and there is nothing wrong with having fun when showcasing a product. At the time I joined the stream, it sounded more like being in a GTA5 Lobby than anything related to the FSL A320 (I don't think talking about penis size while showcasing an FSL product is the way to go, that's my opinion, which I stated here,and I stand by it. However I understand and respect the fact that not everyone will agree with me, so let's call it a difference of opinion). If you read my posts, it was not completely negative, I valued listening to Andrew Wilson talk about the product, and also get to see some of the additional features that will be coming up. I will certainly look for your channel and watch some of your other streams.

Hi @Belynz Please read this as constructive criticism and not ridiculous comments, you can be sure I have no intention whatsoever to compete with any of you guys, or "grind you to cease to exist", I am not sure what being a productive member of the community means, I come here on this forum to read about a product I enjoy tremendously, get help when I need it, or help others when I can. In terms of feedback, if you decide to post more videos of the FSL A320 in P3D, I would love to see a video during the day that showcase cockpit shadows, and maybe do a few circuits in bad weather and trigger a few emergencies. In any case, I will also check your previous streams from your channel.

To both of you, some of my comments were made out of frustration, specifically in terms of some of the statements you made about being part of the beta, or at least that is how I understood it, after reading what Wriggles89 posted above,I have a clearer understanding. I probably should have kept to myself, and I also understand that I dont really have any rights to criticize who FSL chose to be part of the team, or who they pick to showcase their product. I am just a regular customer, and I got caught in the moment venting, no one is perfect, but you can be certain that I am VERY appreciative of what the beta team is doing to help FSL get their product out, and taking the time to help users here on the forums. After all, we all are big fans (well most of us :) ) of the A320-X

Even though my posts came up as negative, let's end this on a good note as I want to thank you both for taking the time to contribute to this hobby! 

Cheers!

to FSL, I hope this is not causing someone to lock this thread, I think we can all debate our opinions in a civilized way

• Like 14

Matt ,

Thanks you very much for last night. 6 hours and as normal you used every view know to man. watched just about all your youtube vids. You have a gift few have, you remind me of james corden.

Sometimes it  so hard to draw conclusions from forums and what people say. Seeing the FSL run so well and no VAS OOM after a good return leg(OK it was not EHAM to EGLL but!) feels me with hope.

I wish I had seen what FPS you were getting and a little bothered you only had 350mb of VAS left but still. I did not see what addons you were useing, was it Global/vector or full fat UK FTX UK? (I now it was AS Gib and UK2000 EGCC)Also was it AS16 with cloud art? Sorry just would be intresting to know what you was running I only saw chaseplane. Perhaps I just mist it if you said/stated all addons.

Thanks again Matt and come on FSL just release it guys.

Hope the ATC goes well today Matt.

A_ndré_F_olkers
9 hours ago, Belynz said:

Pretty much what Dave said. I get bored of reading ridiculous comments, so I just ignore them.

Hey, maybe one day you'll grind us down to a point where we'll cease to exist, then maybe you can take the spotlight and be a productive member of the FS community? :)

Well there are enough of us that appreciated the efforts and I applaud you to for taken the time :-)

1 hour ago, Black2306 said:

how work refueling system with GSX? in Mats stream he used GSX, but i try in FSX version and 320 not refueling

I think its only in the upcoming versions on fsx and p3d.

• Like 1
Martin Mueller

OOM is still the biggest problem of this Airbus. I hope the P3D version will come out asap. I tried all tipps but If must use DX10, then I go directly to P3D all other options are nothing for me.

• Like 2

After a year out of flight simming. 

This last weekend I installed completely fresh install of P3D 3.4 and Global-vector (most options turned off)

PMDG NG.

AS Dublin

FT EHAM

Other addon's

Chaseplane 1.5

AS16-Cloud art

REX Solf cloulds

Landed and taxied to gate at EHAM with 1.1GB free VAS

So.....bring it on FSL.

Just now, Nyxx said:

After a year out of flight simming. 

This last weekend I installed completely fresh install of P3D 3.4 and Global-vector (most options turned off)

PMDG NG.

AS Dublin

FT EHAM

Other addon's

Chaseplane 1.5

AS16-Cloud art

REX Solf cloulds

Landed and taxied to gate at EHAM with 1.1GB free VAS

So.....bring it on FSL.

We're all wainting for that, we saw friday that the bus is readay, but fur a reason that we don't know, they don't release it

Andrew Wilson
25 minutes ago, iTrekx said:

We're all wainting for that, we saw friday that the bus is readay, but fur a reason that we don't know, they don't release it

I did say last week that we're taking further steps to optimise the aircraft. 

• Like 4
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

I did say last week that we're taking further steps to optimise the aircraft. 

Sorry didn't see that, but It seems to works fine and smooth (when I see the MAtt's live)

1 minute ago, iTrekx said:

Sorry didn't see that, but It seems to works fine and smooth (when I see the MAtt's live)

Matt has a different version to the developers

3 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Matt has a different version to the developers

The version that we'll got?

But sorry if I'm annoying you with that, but if his version is working good, why not release this one? And if devs have another one, released this one after if it's better, it can be good for us, in my case it could be the deliverance, uninstall FSX <3 

• Like 2
Just now, iTrekx said:

The version that we'll got?

But sorry if I'm annoying you with that, but if his version is working good, why not release this one? And if devs have another one, released this one after if it's better, it can be good for us

Unlikely. The developers will continue to work until they have a version they feel is ready, and we have tested sufficiently. 

Just now, Tim Mitchell said:

Unlikely. The developers will continue to work until they have a version they feel is ready, and we have tested sufficiently. 

And Matt's version isn't ready?

But thank you for your answers

1 hour ago, Tim Mitchell said:

And this can take further months as we see. 

• Like 1
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S
1 minute ago, Ifikratis said:

At least can the developers let us know when its 1-2 weeks away? Many we are checking every day.

Well, i dont think we need to check daily. What we need to check are 2 signs:

1) The release of the FSX patch: We wont see any P3D release before that patch goes out.
2) How that patch behaves: If that patch has unforeseen bugs or brings new bugs/show stoppers then you can be sure the P3D release will be pushed away a bit more.

If those 2 things happen without any issue then i think we may expect a quick P3D release

1 hour ago, cyberstudio said:

Well, i dont think we need to check daily. What we need to check are 2 signs:

1) The release of the FSX patch: We wont see any P3D release before that patch goes out.
2) How that patch behaves: If that patch has unforeseen bugs or brings new bugs/show stoppers then you can be sure the P3D release will be pushed away a bit more.

If those 2 things happen without any issue then i think we may expect a quick P3D release

Right as you said, you guys should expect a fsx update instead :D

Eamonn Jawhary

Problem is, many complain without even testing everything properly or just complain straight away without trying to reproduce the issue and make sure it is a bug.

This is much more accurate than what I said. Thanks.
25 minutes ago, PAAD said:

Another FSLabs P3D stream: https://www.twitch.tv/wriggles89

Dont get me wrong but its just not fair that they already can fly this bird (and it seems to work great af) and we still have to wait...

All we can hope now is the release of the new update for FSX and then hope that it won't add some bugs :P then it's gonna be P3D time

• Like 1
J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S

It doesn't need to be fair, it is just what it is: They have it, we don't. That's life, and that's ok.

What always gets my atention is how good it behaves on those streams. Its ironic how the FSX version is buggier but has been released long ago, while the P3D version looks like it performs so well and should have less bugs but its still a month or 2 away? :huh:

Anyway, its not unfair. Its just what it is

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, cyberstudio said:

It doesn't need to be fair, it is just what it is: They have it, we don't. That's life, and that's ok.

What always gets my atention is how good it behaves on those streams. Its ironic how the FSX version is buggier but has been released long ago, while the P3D version looks like it performs so well and should have less bugs but its still a month or 2 away? :huh:

Anyway, its not unfair. Its just what it is

k