Update - January 2017

Lefteris Kalamaras

Seha Tanguy
1 minute ago, Jetkid said:

@iTrekx thanks a bunch. I'm trying not to get too excited, I might wake up my wife haha.

I think he is from the UK, I'm in Belgium, here it's 1852Z anyone to wake up at this time :P 

But as he said, I think that the bus is ready to release, that's what we're waiting for and ask for, but the thing is that HE is flying it so he can say it :D

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seha Tanguy

• Ifikratis Kamenidis

• Jason Richardson

• David Murden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, I wanted to start this post by wishing you all a Happy New Year! 2016 has been a wonderful year for us at Flight Sim Labs as it was the year we finally released the A320-X for FSX

This thread is drifting way off track so let me clarify a couple of things quickly.  We have every intention to release the A320 for P3D. We are not going to wait months for LM to produce an

If you guys can't read - there is very little point in us posting any updates. 

Posted Images

Jason Richardson

@iTrekx I'm half a world away from ya. It's 3am here in the Asian Pacific haha. I haven't been this excited since the Q400. Man if they release this I'll be so grateful.

Seha Tanguy
Just now, Jetkid said:

@iTrekx I'm half a world away from ya. It's 3am here in the Asian Pacific haha. I haven't been this excited since the Q400. Man if they release this I'll be so grateful.

Honestly I purchased the Super Connie yesterday, I was tired to wait and it was time to think about another aicraft, but now I saw that .... I just wait for it! The best gift would be a tonight release just after the live :P credit card is ready, liveries already downloaded, just miss the Bus on P3D :P 

So excited too :) 

Jason Richardson

are you subscribed to him if you are could you post in the chat for an external view. I only started following him today and it's in one week or more mode I guess

Seha Tanguy
Just now, Jetkid said:

are you subscribed to him if you are could you post in the chat for an external view. I only started following him today and it's in one week or more mode I guess

No I'm not

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

I'm watching the stream and really nothing too exciting to see , he's streaming at night so not much to see .. I am not really expecting to see anything different as far as the aircraft goes, it's the same thing as FSX, only difference is the environment (cloud/terrain  shadows, shaders, etc.) looking nice (IMO) in P3D... not really seeing the value of showing it like that

• Like 5
Seha Tanguy
1 minute ago, njflyer said:

I'm watching the stream and really nothing too exciting to see , he's streaming at night so not much to see .. I am not really expecting to see anything different as far as the aircraft goes, it's the same thing as FSX, only difference is the environment (cloud/terrain  shadows, shaders, etc.) looking nice (IMO) in P3D... not really seeing the value of showing it like that

The best to see was on the ground, now I agree it's a cockpit view at FL350, not the most exctiting thing to see

• Like 1
B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

he should have really shown some circuits in daylight with some nasty/cloudy weather and do a few emergencies IMO .. but what do I know :) 

Jason Richardson

IMO they should go ahead an release it. Why.......it seems to me that they are just having fun. Not testing it at all just doing some good ole Vatsim flying= good enough for us to do the same.

• Like 2
Ifikratis Kamenidis

Guys I know you are excited but do we have any hint for release the following hours?  Cause it's getting too teasing reading all this and in the end get it in a month or more..

Seha Tanguy
5 minutes ago, njflyer said:

he should have really shown some circuits in daylight with some nasty/cloudy weather and do a few emergencies IMO .. but what do I know :) 

To do those things, we must us have it :D

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
1 minute ago, iTrekx said:

To do those things, we must us have it :D

yeah no kidding, I mean the guy is talking about his ... size while previewing a FSL product , sounds like bunch of middle schoolers having fun, gimme a break :) 

• Like 3
Seha Tanguy
2 minutes ago, njflyer said:

yeah no kidding, I mean the guy is talking about his ... size while previewing a FSL product , sounds like bunch of middle schoolers having fun, gimme a break :) 

We can promise FSL that if we can buy the P3D vesrion now, we won't do video about the size of our sidestick :) 

• Like 5
Jason Richardson

@njflyer......not to rain on anyone's parade but if I were the developer and I heard all of this non-sense coming from my product stream I would be pissed. I'm a man driven by principle and morals and this isn't displaying any of them.  I would then re-evaluate who's allow to stream what. This product is TOO highly anticipated for this kind of crap. Seriously............If he has time to talk about his "size" then this means this plane is safe to release. PERIOD!!

• Like 5
B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

I have plenty of respect for the developers and the beta team and appreciate their efforts very much, it is interesting however to see a youtuber spilling profanities, not very professional and mature IMO, but it seems they're back on track .. anyways.. got better things to do and I am sure there will be a recording for later viewing, apparently it seems that @Andrew Wilson is coming in later to talk, which I am more interested in than listening to Youtubers nonsense :) 

• Like 4

Yup Dave is or was streaming.

I wish Ben from airline2sim could preview this beauty.

IMO he has some of the best content on YouTube. Very professional, his sim visuals are top notch.. And just great content overall.

Matt seems to be over excited about the aircraft. Which is understandable.

• Like 1
Jason Richardson

@777cap yes Ben from Airline2Sim should have been told to stream this at such a sensitive time for simmers,  not guys talking trash. I'm cool for him to be excited but he has been called upon and trusted with this addon so he should remain professional at ALL TIMES. If he cannot do such he needs to be pulled.....I don't pull punches for childish behavior! Now if this was already released then he's free to do as he wishes. I hope the moderators are reading this and reach out to him to maintain his marbles.

• Like 1
Duncan Odgers

@Andrew Wilson I am sure you might already be aware of this but Beau of LM made this announcement which is not documented in the changelog in HF2

Any time we update the sim, memory usage patterns may vary, and some re-tuning may be required. New features may require memory to implement. For example, as of 3.4, scenery models can now use visibility scripts to be more dynamic. These scripts shouldn't take up much memory, but we can't be sure how a feature like this might interact with add-on content. If an aircraft model with tons of visibility scripts was placed as a scenery model, it's memory footprint might be higher. We understand that for some use-cases, an older version may work better, so we've posted links to past releases to give users the option to go back.

Blessings and loving the Twitch by Matt Davies

Duncan Odgers

Jason Richardson

I'm watching the stream as well and it's very disappointing to hear him say "it's done already" but we wanna reach out and give Lockheed a call first. Not getting that strategy at all. It sounds to me that we are at the mercy of LM......... Also things are minor that the average simmer won't catch but a real a320 pilot would. So for me the frustration is building.....it'll be weeks, soon all that CRAP we've heard before. Actions speak louder than soothing words.

• Like 1

For those not listening to the stream here is the timeframe the guest gave (I think it's Andrew)
He said "Generaly talking about weeks to P3D release".
FSX update probably next week
P3D expected shortly after if there are no major bugs in the FSX update discovered.
The last week they tried to optimize the performance (I think he talked about VAS) and that's also on the schedule for next week.

David Hack

I've be anticipating the 'soon' release of the P3d version for a long time now (early October-ish) then Christmas came,and went ,and now 2017 . Will it come in January, or maybe February, I do not want to imagine later than that. But who knows.

• Like 1
Jason Richardson

They need to get there act together.......there's nothing anyone could say to change that. Why............ is because numerous people including myself purchased from day one just to support these guys. Now to have had the carrot dangling in front of me for months now and being told it's weeks still is unacceptable. I know some folks would have a difference of opinion but to hear the two gentlemen streaming say it's " FLAWLESS" and NO VAS issues. So release the aircraft and spend the next 2-3 weeks for a service pack.

• Like 3

Guys, just watching Matt Davies' live stream. He took the wing view, beacon reflected on the beacon! Is that a new feature only available for P3D? Or will it also come on FSX? I currently don't have beacon reflection on winglet during night time!

Thanks

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

I am listening to Andew talking now:

- the good : Hearing Andrew talking about the icing condition that will be simulated in SP1 and listen to him talk about the product.

- the bad: Hearing a Twicher being part of the beta team, but saying "I dont have time to beta" , this is discouraging isn't it? I am not bitter not being part of the team, but there are people that come here often that fly the real thing and dont get to be part of the team, I mean these guys on the stream are part of beta and all they talk about is "it would be cool to have steam on the windows, or flipping the plane on runway". Please pardon the negativity but this is discouraging to me  ... oh another penis joke now .. great job!  

• Like 3
Marcel Semelka

Yeah Matt is live right at this moment and has Andrew Wilson from the FlightSimLabs team in his stream and he's testing the P3D version on stream.

I',m gonna rewatch that whole ~4hrs stream now. :D (you can do that by clicking on "videos" on the top and there should be a video that is only a couple of hours old, thats the recorded stream you can watch on demand).

And to guys who are asking, no, Matt is not a beta tester (as far as I know), but I think he has a good reach in the FlightSim community and is widely known, so FSLabs probably gave him one of the beta or release candidate version of the plane.

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
1 minute ago, AirbusFlyer said:

Yeah Matt is live right at this moment and has Andrew Wilson from the FlightSimLabs team in his stream and he's testing the P3D version on stream.

I',m gonna rewatch that whole ~4hrs stream now. :D (you can do that by clicking on "videos" on the top and there should be a video that is only a couple of hours old, thats the recorded stream you can watch on demand).

And to guys who are asking, no, Matt is not a beta tester (as far as I know), but I think he has a good reach in the FlightSim community and is widely known, so FSLabs probably gave him one of the beta or release candidate version of the plane.

yes . it's who you know not what you know these days :)

4 minutes ago, Jetkid said:

They need to get there act together.......there's nothing anyone could say to change that. Why............ is because numerous people including myself purchased from day one just to support these guys. Now to have had the carrot dangling in front of me for months now and being told it's weeks still is unacceptable. I know some folks would have a difference of opinion but to hear the two gentlemen streaming say it's " FLAWLESS" and NO VAS issues. So release the aircraft and spend the next 2-3 weeks for a service pack.

I want this as much as anyone, but I can believe Andrew when he says they're working day and night. Their act is very much together in my opinion. Let's give them the time they want because it's an epic product, like nothing else we've had the chance to fly before.

• Like 3
B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o
1 minute ago, davey6693 said:

I want this as much as anyone, but I can believe Andrew when he says they're working day and night. Their act is very much together in my opinion. Let's give them the time they want because it's an epic product, like nothing else we've had the chance to fly before.

I agree 100% @davey6693

Karl Brooker

Gents, once again - a reminder to please refrain from the petty arguments and to please show a little respect to one another. Again, I don't want to have to lock a discussion thread because of one or two individuals.

• Like 7
Flow Bloisi

Do you work on the FPS on this release ? cause it's a very good plane and add-on i don't blame it but he is very heavier in fsx than a 737 or a 777 from pmdg... and that is a hudge problem...

B_r_u_n_o-R_o_l_o

I dont know the comp specs of the Twicher, but FPS seemed fine on his broadcast, also remember with P3D you care about fluidity more than just a pure FPS number. Andrew said quite a lot of good stuff about the product (Interaction with GSX to load payload, etc.) I need to go watch the replay as I watched on and off .. 

Have a good weekend all ...

Marcel Semelka
4 minutes ago, njflyer said:

I dont know the comp specs of the Twicher, but FPS seemed fine on his broadcast [...]

His specs are on his twitch profile:

Let me quote the relevant components:

Gaming PC

• i7 6700k@ 4.6GHz
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • GTX 1080

He also has a lot of SSD space, but I dont know if he stores his P3D on a HDD or SDD. But the performance gain of a SSD (in terms of FPS) are probably marginal... Loading will be quicker tho :D