Update - January 2017

Lefteris Kalamaras

Seha Tanguy

So what next??? If I understand all, we're in a no way, or no??

So what about the release? Still more waiting or we will finaly have it and manage our sims to make it flyable for hose who has OOMs?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seha Tanguy

• Ifikratis Kamenidis

• Jason Richardson

• David Murden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello all, I wanted to start this post by wishing you all a Happy New Year! 2016 has been a wonderful year for us at Flight Sim Labs as it was the year we finally released the A320-X for FSX

This thread is drifting way off track so let me clarify a couple of things quickly.  We have every intention to release the A320 for P3D. We are not going to wait months for LM to produce an

If you guys can't read - there is very little point in us posting any updates. 

Posted Images

David Murden
3 hours ago, alexanderluzajic said:

He...that sounds like you are OK with stock airplane....LOL.....

I have no idea what you are talking about. Stock airplanes!!!! What are you thinking and talking about?

David Porrett
1 hour ago, iTrekx said:

So what about the release? Still more waiting or we will finaly have it and manage our sims to make it flyable for hose who has OOMs?

Relax man, just relax. You're holding on too tight.

• Like 1
Alexander Luzajic
38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. Stock airplanes!!!! What are you thinking and talking about?

Your previous post says, "...turn this and that down in order to gain VAS..." that was I am referring to and I didn't wanted to get into details. So lets turn everything down because they couldn't make it to work without huge VAS footprint. Does not make any sense. They all know very well FSX/P3D limitations but they are still making unusable product. That's all what I am trying to say don't be edgy with (!)... So if I have to turn everything off (GSX, ASN, ORBX, GSX......) than I should fly stock FSX airplane and be happy....that works perfectly fine. 

And BTW I am talking everybody not just FSL or PMDG or ORBX etc......

Cheers! 

David Murden

Your totally missing the point but as English seems not to be your native language best to leave it there.

--------------------------

Seems no one want to state the FSL VAS foot print I will ask over at AVSIM.

Figures crossed to see the P3D version soon as not everyone has VAS problems. Unlike the vid on youtube I watch about someone complaining about VAS and not being able to fly into EGLL. They had every addon London airport active in scenery. .....yer well played!

• Like 1
Thiago Braun
9 hours ago, alexanderluzajic said:

Your previous post says, "...turn this and that down in order to gain VAS..." that was I am referring to and I didn't wanted to get into details. So lets turn everything down because they couldn't make it to work without huge VAS footprint. Does not make any sense. They all know very well FSX/P3D limitations but they are still making unusable product. That's all what I am trying to say don't be edgy with (!)... So if I have to turn everything off (GSX, ASN, ORBX, GSX......) than I should fly stock FSX airplane and be happy....that works perfectly fine. 

And BTW I am talking everybody not just FSL or PMDG or ORBX etc......

Cheers! 

It makes total sense to turn the exterior model if you are using VR. 

David Murden

WoW no wonder you was not keen on saying the VAS footprint.

Just over 1GB.

Even when used with just FTX Global/ a striped down Vector and only 2 active addon airports within the scenery library, P3D might not even be capable of completing a flight. 

I've waited 6 years for this but if I cannot run P3D on a "airline friendy/VAS friendly" setting using just 2 active airports then its just about INOP. Also given its the most expensive addon aircraft, even if it's the best I think I will put buying it on hold till I see reports from people using it within P3d. No matter how good it is am not running P3D on FS 2002 setting to fly it. Also I think its wrong to think it OK for us to have to move all sliders to left just to have a working chance of working within the platforms it was designed to be used in. For us to be frugal and carfull is fine but...

Feel Sad :(

Interestingly......

Someone stated he found out that some of the FSL flightdeck polygons and textures (circuit breakers, for example) require a lot of VAS, the forum he posted in is in German only, unfortunately:
http://flightx.net/i...0604#post940604

Well if there not even usable am happy to not have them.

• Like 1
Craig Read

Glad it's all moving along and you're still working towards the P3D release, we've waited this long so a bit longer won't hurt.  I did a re-install recently and was considering putting FSX back on but this news leads me to thinking I'll wait now till you're ready to push out the P3D variant.

I've definitely seem some changes in memory performance with P3D v3.4 HF2, I've not managed to complete flights that I was once able to so I'm limited to quite short haul at the moment.  Regular saving is a way around it but it's a pain.  

I can wait a little while longer for this, it's no great shakes..  Keep us informed guys :)

Cheers

Craig Read

Chris Keller

Will the P3D release work with any minor version of P3D v3?

A lot of people use 3.2 or 3.3.5 for various reasons. I hope that the airbus release does not require updating to the VAS eating 3.4.  

I literally cannot understand what has happened with HF2 for P3D v3.4. FSLABS posted that they were waiting for the release of HF2 to continue testing.

Now we know that HF2 has addressed to major issues that were causing memory leak and that HF2 was developed by LM in cooperation with FSLABS. LM claims that these issues were fixed with HF2 and there are no more known bugs that might lead to memory leaks.

At the same time there are numerous reports from P3D users as well as the confirmation from FSLABS that actually actually HF2 made the situation worse instead of improving it.

Does it mean that fixes applied in HF2 solved the known issues and broke something else?

Or does it mean that P3D was more stable while there were some bugs leading to memory leaks?

7 minutes ago, IronCondorSimulations said:

Beua Hollis of Lockheed Martin just posted a respond on that thread.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This was posted yesterday, and the fixes mentioned in that post were already implemented in HF2.

Alexander Luzajic
4 hours ago, gcbraun said:

It makes total sense to turn the exterior model if you are using VR.

Yeah sure....I will play Tetris than, VAS friendly for sure....^_^

Karl Brooker

Gents, could we put away the snide comments, please? I'd rather not have to lock this topic because of it getting out of hand.

Thanks

Andrew Wilson
2 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

Will the P3D release work with any minor version of P3D v3?

We will get this confirmed by testing one of the final builds on each iteration. I think v3.2 and v3.3 will be compatible. 

• Like 2
Hon-Chun Chan
3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Someone stated he found out that some of the FSL flightdeck polygons and textures (circuit breakers, for example) require a lot of VAS, the forum he posted in is in German only, unfortunately:
http://flightx.net/i...0604#post940604

Well if there not even usable am happy to not have them.

Wow that post was an eye-opener. I was really wondering how the FSLabs A320 can be this performance intensive, given that it's mostly flat screen LCDs and flush-mounted pushbuttons. The FSLabs A320 has 50% more polygons than the NGX, that's insane. IMO FSLabs really needs to come up with a 'lite' VC.

PS: Use Google Translate if you can't read German.

• Like 2
Alexander Freistetter

When it is only officially compatible to 3.2 and 3.3, does that mean that people which does not suffer from VAS problems need to downgrade to 3.2/3.3 in order to install and use the A320?

Or can we use it with 3.4 HF2 if it works for us?  Is then the support for the aircraft limited or completely disabled?

Regarding the performance:
Yeah the polygon count is really severe...

Kind Regards,

Alex

Edited by axylophon
Added performance remark
David Murden

Alex I think,

The Question was " Will the P3D release work with any minor version of P3D v3? "

They being minor version, 3.4 being the main/current version.

• Like 1
Kevin Hall
18 minutes ago, Avantime said:

Wow that post was an eye-opener. I was really wondering how the FSLabs A320 can be this performance intensive, given that it's mostly flat screen LCDs and flush-mounted pushbuttons. The FSLabs A320 has 50% more polygons than the NGX, that's insane. IMO FSLabs really needs to come up with a 'lite' VC.

They could get rid of the animated footrests, armrests and opening windows for a start.

• Like 2
Hon-Chun Chan
3 minutes ago, kevinh said:

They could get rid of the animated footrests, armrests and opening windows for a start.

That's what happened with a certain competitor's Airbus IIRC, they removed a few animations, such as the FO's tray table in order to save polygons.

I note that a twitch gamer I follow (Matt) says he will be showing the A320 bus in P3D shortly. Even if he has a testing copy and not a general realease, this must be good news for us all I think.

Ifikratis Kamenidis
19 minutes ago, davey6693 said:

I note that a twitch gamer I follow (Matt) says he will be showing the A320 bus in P3D shortly. Even if he has a testing copy and not a general realease, this must be good news for us all I think.

Just saw it too...but really don't like these teasing anymore..not funny

Sam Cooper
20 minutes ago, kevinh said:

PMDG don't have windows, sunblinds or armrest animations in their newer products either, no doubt for the same reason.

The 747v3 has window blinds.. 

Ifikratis Kamenidis
Just now, SPADTrap said:

Is he a beta tester for the A320 though? 

I think so..someone said that on the comments on twich..Wondering if that means something about release, or beta testers was free to show off the A320 in P3D before?

Khoa Nguyen
32 minutes ago, davey6693 said:

Great, he is streaming right now on twitch

3 minutes ago, iTrekx said:

I'm watching the live now, it's incredible how much the Bus is amazing on P3D,  it will be hard for me to re-launch FSX and mine FSX Bus after seing that :o 

Yep it looks f**king amazing. It's only going to increase the yelling for this to be released. Starting with me (sorry fellas :)

Pascal Ad
4 minutes ago, 777cap said:

I am starting to hate my life for not being able to run this bloody brilliant piece of software.Why god why

and Matt is making it worse

Me too im dying here :o The performance is great and he said VAS is okay :D

Seha Tanguy

So if it's works for him, why not for us? The aircraft looks amazing, it doesn't run bad at all!!

come on FSLABS! Let us buy it and then we will proof that it is ready for us! In the worst case we know that VAS problems can be expected for the first release, but it will be better than still waiting for nothing when it seems ready and it add some frustration for us!

• Like 2
Pascal Ad
19 minutes ago, iTrekx said:

So if it's works for him, why not for us? The aircraft looks amazing, it doesn't run bad at all!!

come on FSLABS! Let us buy it and then we will proof that it is ready for us! In the worst case we know that VAS problems can be expected for the first release, but it will be better than still waiting for nothing when it seems ready and it add some frustration for us!

Im with him :)

• Like 1

PAAD and iTrekx 

I can only hope it runs in a range equivalent to the t7.If that is the case.i WILL DEFINITELY buy it and if I have to,I will run it on default airports.(I dont care about visuals,given how beautiful this plane is.)

words can't describe how wonderful this plane is.

A_ndré_F_olkers
2 hours ago, Avantime said:

Yes it could be done far more optimized lot to gain here :o

1 minute ago, awfA320 said:

Yes it could be done far more optimized lot to gain here :o

Oh my god.50%?!

No wonder..that plus the tonnes of clickspots...the software part seems to be very well optimized in that case.polygons and clickspots cannot be optimized.excepts reducing polygons and clickpsots.

IS the 50% poygon thing actually true?

Seha Tanguy
5 minutes ago, 777cap said:

PAAD and iTrekx 

I can only hope it runs in a range equivalent to the t7.If that is the case.i WILL DEFINITELY buy it and if I have to,I will run it on default airports.(I dont care about visuals,given how beautiful this plane is.)

words can't describe how wonderful this plane is.

I'm watching the video and Matt said that it has no problem, and when you're looking, I don't see problems on it, I'm just waiting to be able to click on the "Buy it" button for the upgrade, I already have the FSX version, but I'll uninstall FSX now, after see how it is looking on P3D, I stop to suffer on FSX, it seems to be another aircraft when you see it on P3D! 

1 minute ago, Jetkid said:

May someone post a link from the live stream or his twitch name. Thanks.

https://www.twitch.tv/belynz