Sign in to follow this  
Fraser Gale

Concorde Training Files

Fraser Gale

With the help of @Lefteris Kalamaras the first set of training files are now in the downloads section of this site. 

The first set cover "Introduction To Supersonics" as was covered on day 1 of the Concorde conversion course. Please remember I do not claim to be an expert and I am only going on the information I have from the course notes/training manual. 

You will need some sort of PowerPoint to run the main files - I think you can get a free viewer from Microsoft somewhere on the net. Otherwise, the PDF versions have the slides and the notes.

The main files are in a lecture style, with the bulk of information being read out by a computer generated voice - some interesting pronunciations can be heard - and the main points/diagrams being produced on screen. Where you may need more time to look at things, a continue button must be pressed to progress to the next slide.

Please remember these are for interest only - don't think you can go and fly a real Concorde after doing these...! 

If people are interested in more I will see if Lefteris is willing to upload them at a later date. I may upload and exam for fun also!

Enjoy! 

Frazz

• Like 2

Konstantin

I definitely like it!  Some interesting information even for dedicated and experienced Concorde-X fliers.

I would welcome more material from you on Concorde!  (With or without exams doesn't matter - but if you include them, it will certainly add some challenge).

Phillip Speer

I agree, definately interesting documents.  Would be great to have more.

Phillip

Fraser Gale

Ok, I shall see how time goes and when I get more done I will make them available. 

Frazz

Jonathan Fong
On 1/6/2017 at 1:46 AM, Frazz said:

...Please remember these are for interest only - don't think you can go and fly a real Concorde after doing these...

I don't think there are any Concordes to fly anymore :P

Steve Prowse

Thanks for this tutorial Frazz..."Introduction To Supersonics"....not so sure about the exam though:blink:

Steve

Todd Harrell

Where can I find this file? I looked under the Concorde section of the downloads and can't seem to locate it. By the way, a BIG thank you Frazz for all your knowledge and efforts. I'm soaking it up like a sponge!

Update: Never mind - I finally found it. Thx!

Todd

• Like 1

Fraser Gale

I have completed more training files for all the serious Concorde Captains on here!  I am making them in the exact order as per the real ground school. 

Now we have "Flight Envelope", "Master Warnings" and "Hydraulics".

They have been uploaded to the downloads section of the site. 

Again, you will need a reasonably up-to-date version of PowerPoint or a viewer of some kind. 

Still have electrics to go before exam 1...!

Enjoy!

Frazz

Fraser Gale

@Lefteris Kalamaras I have sent you a PM with a link to a new training file in the hope that you could upload it for us? 

Thanks.

Frazz

Fraser Gale

While we await on Lefteris uploading the new training file, here is a temporary link to the new "Intakes Training" file.

I have used an updated tool to create this so it should no longer need PowerPoint to run, as it will run in a web browser after double clicking on "Start Training". 

There is some complex information in this with questions at the end of sections to check your understanding.  I have always regarded the design of the intake system as the pinnacle of aviation engineering but after going into the detail for this training, I realised just how clever the system actually was...

Here is the temporary link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pa8v1dmyaas8d4u/INTAKES CBT (Final).zip?dl=0

Enjoy!

Sign in to follow this