Troubleshooting AOC issue

John Burke

John Burke

Hi all -

I've been trying to resolve the ECAM DATALINK FAULT error since the last update and so far have been unsuccessful. Based on my searches and other posts, I'm guessing this is due to a connectivity issue with the AOC. I fly offline and use AS16 but can't get the error to disappear (besides CLR on ECAM, which really just hides the problem). 

Having never had any AOC issues in the past, I'm not sure how to confirm it is working properly. I confirmed the firewall exception is set and have tried manually starting the AOCService.exe but noticed no windows pop up or anything like that. Any ideas on what I can try to confirm AOC is working properly?

thank you! 

John Burke
15 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

It is hopefully now fixed internally.

Thanks Norman! I assume this means there's nothing I can do on my end to resolve and this is something to look out for in a software update?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, the latest .191 update doesn't seem to fix my ongoing AOCService issue. I've tried everything on the forums but the AOCService won't seem to start. Tonight, I disabled my firewall and antivirus, loaded up the sim (via the by the book Trike first, etc.) and no luck. Then I tried to manually start it and I see it pop up in Task Manager for a few seconds and then disappear. Any ideas? 

• Like 1
Bob Lyddy

@skyguy266 - Your running the sim with admin rights?  Alos, please post the file as an attachment or the contents of the - 'AOCService.log' which is located in the following folder -  Your Drive letter:\sim folder location\FSLabs\AOCService

For examlle mine is - D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\FSLabs\AOCService

@Bob L Yessir! I always run FSX as Admin. The .log file you mention is totally blank. When I run FSX/the A320, or even just AOCService.exe manually, I notice the "last modified" time of the log file is updated to that moment but when opening the file there's nothing written to it. 

• Like 1