First Crew simulation Demo for FsLabs A320 using voice control

FS++_G+E+R+A_L+D+R+EILL+Y

… Just released.

For those unfamiliar with MCE, here is the process for installing the Demo.

Download (save) file to your hard drive.

Download MCE Demo here

Unzip and run “InstallMCE”.

For the sake of the Demo or when Windows UAC is enabled, you MUST…

1 – Install to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 – Set “fsx.exe” to run as administrator. If starting FSX via a launcher app like SimStarter or others, you also need to set the launcher app to run as admin.

This crew simulation is strictly for users who run FSL A320 in Virtual Cockpit

In case you wonder, here is what will happen to your FSX installation.

No files in FSX folder are modified except for the file “Airlines.dat” that contains a list of various airlines around the world. It is needed for the ATC feature in MCE.

3 options related to ATC are disabled in “fsx.cfg”. They can be restored via the FSX dialog box Options->Settings-General (things like disabling the built-in ATC voice transmission and logged text in order to make Native ATC interaction more realistic)

Definitely not a single other file modified, not even “Panel.cfg” or “Aircraft.cfg” for the bus.

2 files are added to main FSX installation folder, “fsInsider.dll and fsInsider.ini

When prompted by FSX to authorize “fsInsider.dll” to run, you must accept, otherwise MCE won’t proceed further, as it would lack situational awareness.

A folder named <MCE dlls> is added to FSX installation folder. It contains 37 dlls, one for each supported complex aircraft.

Only 2 dlls are loaded, fsInsider.dll + mcfslA3X.dll in this case.

MCE and the speech engine it hosts inside “mce.exe”, run completely outside the simulator process.

Demo is short. It lasts for 3 days or 30 runs whichever expires first.

If you run into issues, best to contact support[at]]multicrewxp.com immediately.

If you had a chance to look at the videos, you may have noticed the FO is very chatty.

By default, the flows we ship are intentionally set to “Verbose”. And the FO handles the whole overhead panel, mainly to give you an idea about what kind of commands to use should you wish to control the items directly via voice.

A typical real world pilot would look at the flow, de-select option “Verbose” so it gets executed silently, then removes actions from the flow which he/she deems the responsibility of the captain as per ad-hoc SOPs.

That way, you can have 100% accurate task sharing as dictated by your airline, not to mention ability to rehearse your own company checklist (after changing the default checklist to a custom one you provide yourself).

When done with the Demo, un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel.

Next time you run FSX, fsInsider.dll will notice MCE no longer installed and delete <MCE dlls> folder. It will also remind you to delete it as well.

After that, except for the info related to your trial and copy protection, MCE would be gone and you’re back to your original FSX setup pre-MCE.

Three days of free fun, hopefully guaranteed for everyone.:)

Be our guest.

Finally, would like to take this opportunity to wish a merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone.

Thank you.

Gerald R

On behalf of the FS++ team

• Like 4

More or less a joke.

Downloaded the trail version.

Setup the MCE and run app wizzard.

Adjust microphone etc.

Startup FSX and agreed to the DLL.

So far so good. Than nothing happens again.

Click on the mce.exe again to check if it running at the background or somthing like this and got the msg

"YOUR TRAIL PIRIOD IS OVER OR YOU RUN OUT THE ALLOWED STARTS"

So the MCE is not running once. Uninstall and kick to trash. Will stay far away from a software they neither in trail mode is running as promised.

• Like 1

Not interested in arguing with someone who didn't bother waiting for a reply from support before passing judgement on a perfectly good working Demo.

The Demo assumes you never used it before, since you last formatted the C: drive

Suffice to say, anyone who is a fan of trial reset software, runs debugging software trying to work out where trial data is written, or even tries to reset the system clock, will be locked out of the Demo immediately, and the only way to run MCE is to have a valid activation key file sitting inside installation folder.:)

Notice that the Demo doesn't even come with that junk usually free software throws at you (Internet explorer bars and other useless stuff). 

A couple more things I forgot to mention earlier.

Impact on VAS usage is very low. Running the memory hungry speech engine inside the FSX or P3D process via a gauge is asking for trouble. That's why we don't do that and decided long ago to run MCE as an external process. That way, it has its own 4 GB VAS to play with.

In order to minimize Demo download size, the latter comes with only 3 recorded co-pilot voice packs.

There are 6 more recorded FO voice packs (with various accents), available from the same downloads page. And a tenth is works in progress.

Download each voice pack, unzip and run "InstallVoice"

22 minutes ago, FS++ said:

Not interested in arguing with someone who didn't bother waiting for a reply from support before passing judgement on a perfectly good working Demo.

First of all, the first impression can never be repeated. My first impression was very disappointing depending on the promises here and at the website.

22 minutes ago, FS++ said:

The Demo assumes you never used it before, since you last formatted the C: drive

Suffice to say, anyone who is a fan of trial reset software, runs debugging software trying to work out where trial data is written, or even tries to reset the system clock, will be locked out of the Demo immediately, and the only way to run MCE is to have a valid activation key file sitting inside installation folder.

Please be very carefully to  subordinate someone to breach legal rules without any evidence especially in a open forum. 

I never used this software before, never heard about it. For all other planes I use FSCrew. The only reason I tested the software are your description and the promises how easy and ongoing the software are.

It's your turn now to show me how I can get this trail to run so I can decide I'll spend 60€ if it is worth.

P.S.

If you leave such a big advertisement you must be able to handle negative statements as well.

Edited by Artox67
P.S.
  • Like 1
Lefteris Kalamaras

Artox67-

I personally do not appreciate the attitude. If you don't wish to be respectful and treat others in the same manner you'd like to be treated, then you will not continue to be allowed the courtesy of having a voice in these forums.

If you don't like what their product is, especially the free demo, the solution is simple: Unload it, uninstall it and be done.

• Like 9

@Artox67 -

You need to show some respect to others while you are visiting and using the FSL Forums...  Intolerance, ridicule and downright rude behavior will not be tolerated, no matter who it is directed to. 

This email serves are your warning as additional behavior in the fashion you've shown in the 2 above posts will result in a temporary ban on posting and if it still continues will result in a permanent ban.

• Like 7
Riccardo_Parachini

Hello,
I just tried to install. Even if my PC detects correctly the microphone when I try the mike tuning via the wizard and I click on "Microphone tuning" nothing happens, i can just click. The same applies also for step 8. I can only click. What might the problem be?

Cheers and happy christmas

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

1 hour ago, njflyer said:

Gerald,

Thanks for releasing a demo for us to try, I certainly appreciate it, and will give it a go. Wishing you a Happy Holidays!

Thank you.

If you have questions feel free to ask.

Happy Holiday season.

39 minutes ago, Rikypara said:

Hello,
I just tried to install. Even if my PC detects correctly the microphone when I try the mike tuning via the wizard and I click on "Microphone tuning" nothing happens, i can just click. The same applies also for step 8. I can only click. What might the problem be?

Cheers and happy christmas

Eventually click twice.

It does happen occasionally. Notably, when you release the mouse and the pointer is outside the button area.

Confirm Windows version and language.

Thanks

Christoph Wechselberger

Hey, 

i also have the problem with the activation :(

I installed MCE and then made the "wizard" after the wizard was finished i wanted to start mce and it told me that i allready have reached the activation limit ?

update:

thanks to the superb support of fs++ everything works now

Edited by 331BK
update
34 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Hey, 

i also have the problem with the activation :(

I installed MCE and then made the "wizard" after the wizard was finished i wanted to start mce and it told me that i allready have reached the activation limit ?

One possible issue, the protection software may not have been able to do its job.

Both "xpwiz.exe" and "mce.exe" need to run as admin.

It's also important you run both on a user account that has admin privileges.

If you have disabled Windows UAC, suggest the following...

Un-install MCE via Windows Control Panel

Run Windows UAC adjustment tool and set it to default 2 notches up.

Restart PC

Re-run "InstallMCE" under an account that has admin rights.

Click Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

Next time you run MCE, the wizard will pop-in. Make sure it prompts for elevation.

For users on Non-English Windows Editions, the wizard may complain that you don't have the Microsoft English US language pack installed.

Here is a video I found on youtube, showing how to add a language pack.

What you need is "English US", not "English UK" or "English AUS". Once installed, make it default (you can reverse it later)

[media]

[/media]

Riccardo_Parachini

Thank's I confirm, after a few moments, I set correctly English US. The main problem is tuning microphone with the wizard as nothing happens when I click - as in the video I posted.
Tried to skip but in the cockpit FO is very silent and undestands half of what I say (using the phrases in the manual)

Christoph Wechselberger

does not work :(

after reset to factory and uninstall, when i want to start mce the first time for a real flight it tells me that i have reached the activation limit :(

i also used cc cleaner to clean registry.

2 hours ago, 331BK said:

does not work :(

after reset to factory and uninstall, when i want to start mce the first time for a real flight it tells me that i have reached the activation limit :(

i also used cc cleaner to clean registry.

Sorry about that.

Suggest you contact support[at]multicrewxp.com

Thank you

2 hours ago, Rikypara said:

Thank's I confirm, after a few moments, I set correctly English US. The main problem is tuning microphone with the wizard as nothing happens when I click - as in the video I posted.
Tried to skip but in the cockpit FO is very silent and undestands half of what I say (using the phrases in the manual)

The wizard (xpwiz.exe) is a separate application, not MCE itself. Anything it does could eventually be done manually by going to Windows Control Panel, setting speech engine to English US and tuning the mike using Windows tools.

My guess co-pilot not understanding you well is down to 2 possible reasons.

1 - Go to <About> tab in MCE user interface and check which audio devices are listed as "Sound In" and "Sound Out".

It could be that MCE has set the speech engine on the wrong device (webcam or other). In that case, use the "Assign sound device" tool we provide to direct audio In an Out to the relevant devices.

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Assign sound device.

2 - A minimum amount of speech training is required.

We do provide a speech trainer. Calibrate your mike in Windows first, then perform speech training. ATC phraseology topic is a must

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Speech training.

• 3 weeks later...