CFM56 Texture Replacement Mod 1.0.0

About This File

*** IMPORTANT - Use of this mod is at your OWN risk ***

I spent many hours creating entirely new textures for the FSLabs A320 CFM variant and this is the result.  You should be able to use these textures with any FSL A320 CFM variant as the textures included here do not contain livery specific details.  Saying that though, they were specifically crafted to match my repaints' specular maps and general aesthetic and may look "out of place" in default liveries or ones created by third parties due to specular map differences.

Features:  

- All new pylon textures with two variations based on aircraft age/operator.
- New engine intake textures.
- New fan blades.
- New spinner texture.
- Colour-matched to Christian Mohr's wing textures.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Installation instructions:

These textures are "drop in" and can be used with any existing FlightSimLabs CFM A320 without affecting your livery.

• Decide on which pylon variant you want to use for your livery.  A google image search for your aircraft registration will usually indicate which variant to use.
  • Copy the contents of CFM Variation 1 (New Style) folder or the CFM Variation 2 (Old Style) in this archive into your FSLabs A320 SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Texture.XXX folder where XXX is the livery you want to use them for.
  • Overwrite any files if asked to.
  • Go fly! :)

Should you choose to use a specific set for *ALL* of your CFM liveries (without having to copy them to each livery's folder) then you can:

• Place turbine-metal_t.dds, turbine-metal_t_bump.dds and turbine-metal_t_spec.dds in SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A32X\Texture, overwriting the existing files (BACK UP ALL THE ORIGINALS FIRST).
  • Place turbine_fast_CFM_t.dds and turbine-slow_CFM_t.dds in SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Texture, overwriting the existing files (BACK UP ALL THE ORIGINALS FIRST).

NOTE: I increased the size of the turbine-metal_t.dds file to 2048x2048 to retain some of the detail I added.  FSX/P3Dv3.x and earlier may exhibit increased VAS usage due to this.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Variation 1 Preview:

CFM_Variation_1_-_New_Style_1.png

CFM_Variation_1_-_New_Style_2.png

CFM_Variation_1_-_New_Style_3.png

Variation 2 Preview:

CFM_Variation_2_-_Old_Style_1.png

CFM_Variation_2_-_Old_Style_2.png

CFM_Variation_2_-_Old_Style_3.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2