After Spotlights Installation FSX CTD on startup(A320 version)

OliverRDF

Good day FSL Support team,

unfortunately I'm encountering the same fatal-error-on-fsx-startup issue as the people in this closed thread:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/7173-unresolved-fsl-spotlights-causing-fsx-to-crash-on-load/&page=2#comment-58257

I installed the software as per Airbus 320 installation Guide with AV software disabled, (firewall off as well) and as admin including reboot when advised.

However upon starting FSX crashes with a fatal error before even reaching the main menu.

This is the log from windows event viewer:

fsx.exe
      559f9a9a
      dxgi.dll
      54503ca0
      c0000005
      00001ab0
      01d1fec6a75790d3
      C:\FSX\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
      C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\dxgi.dll
      f2e24f46-6ab9-11e6-82ea-7824afc91bd6

I already searched the forum for "dxgi.dll" which is how I  found the above closed thread. After deinstalling FSL spotlights, FSX was able to start again normally. I re-installed FSL spotlights again and the fatal error reappeared.

I checked my dxgi.dll  file properties according the FSL spotlight FAQ and I do a newer version already (6.3.9600.17415) than the one mentioned in the FSL spotlight CTD FAQ

My system is windows 8.1   64bit

FSX : SE  with DX10 preview mode enabled.

FSL Airbus version installed 1.0.1.1.172

FSL Spotlight version: 1.0.0.21

both downloaded fresh yesterday morning.

I also checked my dll.xml for any VRS tac Pack entries, but there are none.

And I deleted the contents of the shader10 folder to rebuilt the shade cache.

Still the issue persists.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this CTD on startup?

Kind regards,

Oliver

Lefteris Kalamaras

Oliver-

my apologies if you feel that a Teamviewer session on your computer to resolve the issue might be a security risk - I assure you all we do with Teamviewer is help you fix the problems (95% of those cases are users not having read the FAQ).

We don't have any other easy way of assisting you so if you refuse this, you're essentially blocking yourself :(.

santiago fierro

hello Lefteris, how I can help by TeamViewer ? I have a problem with Spotlights after install to start the simulated in the aircraft selection screen is black and I can not see the selected plane I FSX standard W -7 64-bit please help with viwer team already took several days for help

Lefteris Kalamaras

Santiago I've responded to you many times over email via support. You don't seem to want to follow my instructions. I asked you to delete your shader cache and you don't seem to understand to do it. Not sure what more I can tell you if you can't or will not follow this. 

• 2 weeks later...