Lefteris Kalamaras

More News...

188 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I trust and hope that you've all had a good time during this holiday season - current conditions in Europe and the World don't make for much festive spirit (especially in my home country, where unemployment is so high and people's moods are very somber) but I'd like to always keep an optimistic view and think:

The best is yet to come.

This is certainly true here at the Labs, where our development has been strong and on-going and we're having a great time coding the A320-X.

So - what have we been up to:

We're (still) doing great.

It's been a couple months since my last report and during this time, our development team has passed quite a few (internally set) milestones which bring us even closer to release. Soon enough (uh oh - did I say "soon enough"?) we will be requesting new applications for beta testers (This does NOT mean now - OK?) as our plans bring us closer to release.

As you know, we're delving into previously uncharted waters in terms of Airbus logic development - I can safely say there's been no previous (or upcoming) product in the desktop simulator market which features so many details in wiring, systems and logic, and that is even without the features that are reserved for the training and professional platform releases. Discussions about "Anti-Ice / Packs effects on engine parameters", "pitch variability with trying to maintain 1g under high-altitude conditions", "fluidity of pressure drop when hydraulic systems are disabled" are in the daily regimen of our development process.

As I promised in my last report, however, I will not delve into too much technical jargon this time. As is evident in your posts here and also in our Facebook page, you really want us to give you some new pictures of what our product looks like, so I hope the next few images will give you a glimpse of what we've done so far and what you're going to be seeing when we release our product. (We're still holding back some features for the moment, but those of you with a keen eye will notice some goodies we put together last year)

As always, thank you for your continued support - we really appreciate your candid comments and welcome all your thoughts and well-behaved feedback.

Talk to you soon!

post-13-0-15891700-1389529083_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-75453300-1389529190_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-70419800-1389529204_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-80881000-1389529212_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-41530400-1389529239_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-49664400-1389529256_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-76860600-1389529265_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-83083500-1389529281_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-02566200-1389529291_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-47191400-1389529594_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-45131200-1389529760_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-05767400-1389529781_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-02043900-1389529797_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-16229800-1389529811_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-90629300-1389529830_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-36638300-1389529840_thumb.jpg
post-13-0-71102700-1389529849_thumb.jpg

48 people like this

amazing! great job FSLabs.

Thank you for the information Lefteris, what are the minimum requirements you will need in order to join your beta team?

Regards,

OMG :)

Looks really nice - I've noticed the TERR on ND is on, the MAN LDG ELEV is functioning and it has EPR <3 :) Great - Really looking forward to this.

Keep up the hard work - and you will be right - The best is yet to come.

Thanks again

Jesper

I think I speak the minds of all the devs, tech team and beta team members when I say that "I can't wait to see everyone's reaction when they get the 'craft". These little teasers are just the tip of the iceberg ;)

7 people like this

I think I speak the minds of all the devs, tech team and beta team members when I say that "I can't wait to see everyone's reaction when they get the 'craft". These little teasers are just the tip of the iceberg ;)

WOW - drooling already.

;)

Great news and pics, too bad they are always either here or on FB getting poor compression at places :P

Really expect this new aircraft as it is really time that we can get a proper Airbus on FSX, that has never ever been done so far unfortunately.

Thanks for the new screenshots! It's nice to see that TERR on ND will defininately be included. :)

Wooooow.... Thank you, Lefteris, for such nice news and also for amazing screenshots of amazing plane! I really believe that FSL A3XX will change the world of aviations simulators! Wish you luck, health and success in New year!

P.S. Set LDG ELEV to AUTO. :)))))

P.P.S. Make livery of Ural Airlines, pleaaaaseeeee. :))))))))

That looks very very nice, I would like to thank you especially for the VC screenshots!

Wooooow.... Thank you, Lefteris, for such nice news and also for amazing screenshots of amazing plane! I really believe that FSL A3XX will change the world of aviations simulators! Wish you luck, health and success in New year!

P.S. Set LDG ELEV to AUTO. :)))))

P.P.S. Make livery of Ural Airlines, pleaaaaseeeee. :))))))))

ehrmmm - Aerosoft ?? Come on please :)

Jesper

2 people like this

Will the textures of the FCU stay like that?
I know that it is like this in some real aircrafts, but I would prefer the same "color" as the EFIS :)

Best news of the day! :)

2 people like this

Will the textures of the FCU stay like that?

I know that it is like this in some real aircrafts, but I would prefer the same "color" as the EFIS :)

I presume you're talking about the reddish tint the FCU can appear to have in some photos? It's something we spent a considerable amount of time looking into. The reddish colour you see is the result of the white balance settings on the camera - in real life, the FCU does not exhibit much colour at all. That is, on the specific variant of the A320 we are modelling.

Amazing news! How impressive!

The cockpit looks amazing, realistic, really has that realistic feel to it through the colours! The circuit breakers/fuse panels at the back too look like they haven't been ignored as they look great too...

Amazing is all I have to say!

ehrmmm - Aerosoft ?? Come on

Sorry, bro. :))) Shame on me.:)

1 person likes this

I presume you're talking about the reddish tint the FCU can appear to have in some photos? It's something we spent a considerable amount of time looking into. The reddish colour you see is the result of the white balance settings on the camera - in real life, the FCU does not exhibit much colour at all. That is, on the specific variant of the A320 we are modelling.

I thank you for this answer, I will keep looking on this detail in the future.

I really believe that FSL A3XX will change the world of aviations simulators!

Doh! :mellow:

1 person likes this

Awesome News ! I really like it that the model contains so much details :) It really looks like the real one

It flies like the real one too :)

5 people like this

I'm so looking forward to learning how to fly an Airbus with a proper simulation!! For years we've been Boeing centered!! It's time to end this!! Bus Pilots everywhere in the world will have to prepare to get to know more and more people with greater than expected knowledge about the Bus, all because they have FSLabs on their PCs!

1 person likes this

Awesome news and great looking model! Thank you for the update.

Marko

Giving me a lot of extra milage on fsx! Thank you for displaying the perseverance is must require!

Mas

Great work, I've been waiting a long time for a quality bus, looks likes it shaping up really well. Keep it up!

The VC looks too light blue to me, but I'm sure you guys know what you are doing :). I always though the airbus flightdeck was a little bit more dark grey?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Airbus_A330-200_flight_deck_forward_displays.jpg/220px-Airbus_A330-200_flight_deck_forward_displays.jpg

It's quite dependent on the amount of daylight - I've seen our team post screenshots towards the end of the day where the VC does indeed look more grey.

I think when you see this for yourself in FSX, you'll agree the colour is correct :)

I love to see the ND line! :)

Hmm... Have another look at the pics... ;)

I'm so looking forward to learning how to fly an Airbus with a proper simulation!! For years we've been Boeing centered!! It's time to end this!! Bus Pilots everywhere in the world will have to prepare to get to know more and more people with greater than expected knowledge about the Bus, all because they have FSLabs on their PCs!

You're going to love getting to know and flying her....

Great work, I've been waiting a long time for a quality bus, looks likes it shaping up really well. Keep it up!

The VC looks too light blue to me, but I'm sure you guys know what you are doing :). I always though the airbus flightdeck was a little bit more dark grey?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7e/Airbus_A330-200_flight_deck_forward_displays.jpg/220px-Airbus_A330-200_flight_deck_forward_displays.jpg

With light.

0fe9e5517f32.jpg

With no light.

313a3126b165.jpg

Two different colours.

And... Have you ever seen red FCU indication? A320 VP-BQZ

c03aa6f0abe0.jpg

1 person likes this

Did you take those photos airbus_pilot? Looks like EIS1?

I'm a bus pilot situated in the UK. Any questions let me know.

Did you take those photos airbus_pilot? Looks like EIS1?

I really know nothing about EIS technical standarts, but we had 2 aircrafts with such indication. MSN 140 & 157.

One word.............

Kαταπληκτικό!!!

AMAZING guys thank you very much!!

From now i can imagine that when i am travelling with AEE's 320 i will know exactly how it flies B)

1 person likes this

What an amazing amazing looking bird. I think I've never so been so excited about an addon. Just thinking about the breakthrough in terms of flight and engine modeling is mouth watering.

Many thanks again for this update.

Thanks for the very much appreciated update. I, like many, am seriously excited about the release and will certainly be applying for a beta position when the opportunity arises.

Keep up the great work!

Simon

One word.............

Kαταπληκτικό!!!

AMAZING guys thank you very much!!

From now i can imagine that when i am travelling with AEE's 320 i will know exactly how it flies B)

Hehe, have to concur here ^_^

Will you perhaps include CPDLC in the future? Also, in the shots the displays look very dim, is this just because of the camera?

Oh my god, this looks so real, thank you guys :) what an amazing Job....Keep it up..

I want to be a beta tester so bad, i would love to hear the Sounds you ve implemented...