Photo

Fsx And Windows 7 In 64 Bits Needs Uiautomationcore.dll To Stop Crashing.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jim French

Jim French
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

The UIAutomationCore.dll seems to be essestial for FSX and Windows 7 operating in 64 bits. Otherwise, you may be getting the same "Fatal Error" messages followed by a shutdown that is hurting a lot of other FSX users, as evidenced by numerous people like me reporting the problem in various forums on the web. One place where it may be downloaded is http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w After saving it to your desktop or a folder, right click on extract all, extract the zip file, then using Windows Explorer drag the UIAutomationCore.dll into the main FSX directory. Apparently, FSX is a 32 bit program, and the UIAutomationCore.dll makes it work like a 32 bit program, thus preventing the fatal error messages that can come after serveral hours into an otherwise very satisfying fight. Moreover, for some users it speeds up their frame rates, and improves their display usage over dual monitor setups.
Thanks Charan Kumar for offering this solution! :)
Jim French

#2 skipper43

skipper43
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

Thanks Jim. just installed FSX on Win7/64 and am getting the fatal errors. Downloaded the dll and it's sitting on my desktop. Don't know how to get it into FSX.
Where do i find the main FSX directory? All I see is the small icon in lower left corner that I click when I want to open FSX.
Don't know where FSX directory is found and how to drag it there.

#3 lucatrader

lucatrader
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

The UIAutomationCore.dll seems to be essestial for FSX and Windows 7 operating in 64 bits. Otherwise, you may be getting the same "Fatal Error" messages followed by a shutdown that is hurting a lot of other FSX users, as evidenced by numerous people like me reporting the problem in various forums on the web. One place where it may be downloaded is http://www.mediafire.com/?mik2mlqdz1w After saving it to your desktop or a folder, right click on extract all, extract the zip file, then using Windows Explorer drag the UIAutomationCore.dll into the main FSX directory. Apparently, FSX is a 32 bit program, and the UIAutomationCore.dll makes it work like a 32 bit program, thus preventing the fatal error messages that can come after serveral hours into an otherwise very satisfying fight. Moreover, for some users it speeds up their frame rates, and improves their display usage over dual monitor setups.
Thanks Charan Kumar for offering this solution! Posted Image
Jim French

it works, expecially against fatal errors that come from multiples clicks on the top menu.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users