New support sytem

Steve Prowse

Steve Prowse

It's great to see that we have a new support ticket system, and that it is now a requirement to use real names on the A320 forum.  Moreover it is a requirement that before being able to post in the forum you must verify that you own the product.  My question is; why are these requirements not being used for the Concorde forum?  Surely the Concorde forums are just as important as the A320.  Please make all FSL's forums secure for genuine FSL product owners and forum users.

Many thanks

Steve.

• Like 2
S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

I would also like to petition for the forums to be private, as in accessible only for registered users. It is a small thing to ask since I am being asked to reveal publicly my real name on the forum.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4
Lefteris Kalamaras

Kosta-

we considered this possibility and decided against it - the reason was that we would most certainly face unwarranted backlash that we have things to hide from prospective customers - especially given that there are no refunds for electronic purchases. As such, the forums are read-only for general membership and read-write for verified customers.

Anyone not feeling particularly comfortable with the real full name policy is advised to open a support ticket instead for assistance - I already mentioned that is a more guaranteed way to receive a timely reply anyway - the forums are "best effort".

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

The main advantage of the support via forum was that you could learn  from other users experience and know how they solved their problem whereas with the ticket system  its private.

How do you plan to make  public the solutions found using the ticket system ?

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Julien Kemler said:

Hi Julie

When we get issues not already in our faq/knowledge base we update the solution for others to also see.

Lefteris Kalamaras
4 hours ago, Julien Kemler said:

The main advantage of the support via forum was that you could learn  from other users experience and know how they solved their problem whereas with the ticket system  its private.

Nothing changed in regards to the way these forums work - except for the need to be a verified customer, in order to post. In case there is a more urgent need of support, we do offer the ticket system which allows speedier response times.

Steve Prowse
9 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Nothing changed in regards to the way these forums work - except for the need to be a verified customer, in order to post. In case there is a more urgent need of support, we do offer the ticket system which allows speedier response times.

@Lefteris Kalamaras you seem to have missed my original post,  so Is it fact that only verified owners of Concorde-X are now able to post in the Concorde forum as is the case with the Airbus forum.  

Lefteris Kalamaras
14 hours ago, Steve Prowse said:

@Lefteris Kalamaras you seem to have missed my original post,  so Is it fact that only verified owners of Concorde-X are now able to post in the Concorde forum as is the case with the Airbus forum.  

Steve,

I didn't miss it. We were staggering the updates in the forum categories. The Concorde-X forums now have the same properties as the A320-X forums.

Steve Prowse
5 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Steve,

I didn't miss it. We were staggering the updates in the forum categories. The Concorde-X forums now have the same properties as the A320-X forums.

I see, anyway thanks for looking out for us Concorders too.

Alexander Luzajic

Well, I registered my Bus for forum use, but still unable to create new topic....Did I missed something somewhere in this chain of changes....?

Lefteris Kalamaras
6 hours ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

Well, I registered my Bus for forum use, but still unable to create new topic....Did I missed something somewhere in this chain of changes....?

What forum are you trying to post in?

Alexander Luzajic

I am trying to post in "other systems" to ask question about fueling panel (not responsive on same PC.......) that I couldn't find an answer on the forum, but when I tried creating it takes me to "screenshots" under A320X as only available option.....So not sure now if anything else was changed....