What would you like to have?

Daniel Reber

What would you like flightsimlabs to do after they´ve finished the A321 and A319  

199 members have voted

1. 1. So come on. What would you like to see. I´m very interested:)

• Airbus A318
    • Airbus A340 (-300/-500/-600)
    • Airbus A330 (-200/-300)
    • Airbus A380
    • Airbus A350 XWB

Hey guys,

I´m very interested what you would like to see, after Fslabs has finished A321 and A319. As I now found out how to make a poll I thought: Why shouldn´t I give it a try

:)

15 hours ago, Rikypara said:

I guess sharklets won't be just an update. It's completely different than A320 "standard".

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

That would be a bit too much to make an extra version for the sharklets.

15 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

To the Flightsimlabs staff: Have you already started with A321 or A319 or will you start with the two types after the sharklet update for the A320?

This question has already been answered here:

Yes, I know. But in my opinion the A321 is more beautiful than the A319 so I would like to fly A321 before A319. But that´s fslabs´ decision and they´ve decided the other way

• Like 1

I have been always very frustrated by the way family addons have been developed.

In my humble opinion, It would be lot better to start by Doing the A320, then the A330 (A340's are not produced anymore but they could be made depending on the flightsim comunity intetest on It) and after you have covered the short/medium and long haul ships you could start to add more variants. 

We are going to wait for several years to be able to flght an Airbus long hauler if A318/19/21 have to be finished first. That is a pity in my humble opinion. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, nuntsukao said:

I have been always very frustrated by the way family addons have been developed.

In my humble opinion, It would be lot better to start by Doing the A320, then the A330 (A340's are not produced anymore but they could be made depending on the flightsim comunity intetest on It) and after you have covered the short/medium and long haul ships you could start to add more variants. 

We are going to wait for several years to be able to flght an Airbus long hauler if A318/19/21 have to be finished first. That is a pity in my humble opinion. 

Usually, the development of the aircraft from scratch takes up to 6 years. There are still issues with A320 that remain to be resolved as well as the work on SP1 should be in progress. A320 is not finished yet and the development of the variants can be performed simultaneously.

If they had chosen to develop A330 or any other aircraft before the variants of the existing aircraft this would probably mean that the variants would be released in more than 6 years and by then a lot might change.

This is my personal opinion:

I rather to have just the A320 and the A330 (A340?) In a passable period of time than having all variants of the 320 family and being limited to short/medium flights for a huge period of time.

When i read that a customer is not going to buy the PMDG 777 for an instance because the developer does not offer the -200ER variant, I find It nonsense.

As i said It is just my personal opinion but the A320/330 couple would allow you to perform the most important and numerous operations carried out worldwide. 

Having the A318/19/20/21 at the cost of not seeing a long hauler in who knows how Many years, sounds ridiculous to me (with all due respect!!)

• Like 3

@nuntsukao, but you have to say that you simply can not reach many destinations with the A330 which you can reach with the A340. At the time a A380 ,which can operate on Long Haul flights, is to complex to simulate it as good as the A320. It´s also to complex for Fslabs. The thing is that the A330 AND A340 are the planes bringing A320 family and A380 together. All in all I think it would be nice to wait for an A340 and let them do the A330 after 340. In the time between the Aerosoft A330 will be enough to fly A330 routes. A340 would be a big challenge but Fslabs is able to simulate one as deep as their A320. As you can see: The most wanted planes are the A330 and A340 at this time. Hopefully only the place of A330 and A340 will be changed xD

There are also many people not registered in this forum who want to have the A340 too. The simple reason for that is, that the A340 is the most beautiful plane in the world and there si no good A340 on the market. Blackbox A340 is bad simulated as well.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ai_ab said:

What about A350?

You have to know that the A350 is even more complex as the A380.

1 hour ago, DeanJohnston2717 said:

A330 would be awesome i think most customers would be pefer if they worked on a A330 than the rest of the a320 family 

Yes. A330 family. But A340 is part of the A330 family as well as A330 is part of the A340 family:)

Same design. A340 is simply longer, 4 engined aircraft, third main gear, wider AND more beautiful:P

• Like 2
Dean Johnston
3 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Yes. A330 family. But A340 is part of the A330 family as well as A330 is part of the A340 family:)

Same design. A340 is simply longer, 4 engined aircraft, third main gear, wider AND more beautiful:P

A330 Base pack A340 Expansion pack

• Like 2
Just now, DeanJohnston2717 said:

Or A340 Base Pack and A330 expansion. 

Both ways would be nice. I would prefer my way but it wouldn´t be bad if they would take yours. Main thing: Hopefully they´ll take one of them:wacko:

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Indeed, a lot of "simple" differences, however, it is not that simple to create the model with these "simple" differences.

According to the Wikipedia cabin width is 10cm wider, however, fuselage width is exactly the same.

3 minutes ago, DeanJohnston2717 said:

I think it would be way more than a simple expansion pack.

• Like 2
Dean Johnston

As FSL already have a BaseLine for the Airbus it would be wise to now do the A330/340 now....  many of us would rather see these developed by you than you's bring out the A320 NEO

• Like 1

I voted for  the 330.I dont know when all airlines will replace it but it is a nice a/c for long hauls and it is more easy for the FSL to make it because has similar functionality with the A320.They already have the basic programming core.
A350 is a good aircraft but it is more complicated and i believe fsl have to built it from scratch.(or no?) This means a lot of money and of course years of development

Arto E.P. Karhu
On 20.2.2017 at 8:26 PM, ai_ab said:

According to the Wikipedia cabin width is 10cm wider, however, fuselage width is exactly the same.

I'd guess that depends on the specific hull's interior. The tube is pretty much exactly the same, with minute differences here and there: A330 even has the (unused) center main gear bay, shared with A340. In later MSNs I understand the space is used as fuel tank.

-Esa

Daniel Reber
On 23.2.2017 at 6:09 PM, DeanJohnston2717 said:

As FSL already have a BaseLine for the Airbus it would be wise to now do the A330/340 now....  many of us would rather see these developed by you than you's bring out the A320 NEO

Yes, it would be wise.

• Like 1
On 03/03/2017 at 8:03 PM, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Why A350 or A380. This would take many many years. A A330 or A340 would be finished within three years.

And why not? The poll you created is about "What we would like to see?" and not "What is more logical to develop next?". Sure it might be easier to develop A330 rather than A350 especially as A350 is a very new aircraft and getting access to it, data required to accurately model as well as finding pilots to test it is harder compared to A330.

So, yes developing A330 would be very logical, while I would like to see A350 developed next.

• Like 2
Matthew Webb

Well, it's a vote by all.  I would love to see the A350 over any other aircraft as well.  The poll doesn't ask us to be project managers!

Went plane spotting with the kids today and there was an unusually large crowd.  Looked up the flight tracker, and yep - and A350 was coming in.

• 2 weeks later...
Daniel Reber

@twharrelloh no. I don´t think that there will be a Concorde v2. There wouldn´t be many orders. I think many of us weren´t able to navigate trough the cockpit of a concorde simply because the old systems. I will never be able to fly a Concorde. I don´t know where you have to look at to make sure that the plane follows the route and so on and so on. FSLabs spent so much time doing the A320 and that´s definitely not the right way. Well, the next step after A320 family would be A330 and A340 family. There is so much interest on these planes. No doubt. If FSLabs announces the A330 and I would open a new poll, I´m quite sure, the most of all, voted for the A330 in this poll will vote for the A340 in the next one. And I know that that´s not only little differences between A330 and A340 BUT... There is more difference between A320 and A321 as it is between A320 and A319 so it´s wise that FSLabs makes the A319 next and the A321 afterwards. There is also a very very big difference between A320 family and A380/A350. So A330 and A340 would be wise. There are much more differences between A330 and A380/A350 that between A330 and A340. If they do a A330 and A380/A350 afterwards we would have a very very long development time between A330 and A380/A350. AND: Imagine the costs without A330 and A340. A A350 would cost over 280 Dollars surely. 

FSLabs is a quite new development team. I mean. Concorde X and A320X. They simply don´t have so much experience. A A380/A350 would be too much at the time (realistic thinking). We can´t expect a A380/A350 within the same simulation level as the A320. A330 and A340 are a nice step in between and I think they should go this step. They should do them to get over the "bridge"

Jumping over the water would be quite risky. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

@twharrelloh no. I don´t think that there will be a Concorde v2. There wouldn´t be many orders. I think many of us weren´t able to navigate trough the cockpit of a concorde simply because the old systems. I will never be able to fly a Concorde. I don´t know where you have to look at to make sure that the plane follows the route and so on and so on. FSLabs spent so much time doing the A320 and that´s definitely not the right way. Well, the next step after A320 family would be A330 and A340 family. There is so much interest on these planes. No doubt. If FSLabs announces the A330 and I would open a new poll, I´m quite sure, the most of all, voted for the A330 in this poll will vote for the A340 in the next one. And I know that that´s not only little differences between A330 and A340 BUT... There is more difference between A320 and A321 as it is between A320 and A319 so it´s wise that FSLabs makes the A319 next and the A321 afterwards. There is also a very very big difference between A320 family and A380/A350. So A330 and A340 would be wise. There are much more differences between A330 and A380/A350 that between A330 and A340. If they do a A330 and A380/A350 afterwards we would have a very very long development time between A330 and A380/A350. AND: Imagine the costs without A330 and A340. A A350 would cost over 280 Dollars surely. 

FSLabs is a quite new development team. I mean. Concorde X and A320X. They simply don´t have so much experience. A A380/A350 would be too much at the time (realistic thinking). We can´t expect a A380/A350 within the same simulation level as the A320. A330 and A340 are a nice step in between and I think they should go this step. They should do them to get over the "bridge"

Jumping over the water would be quite risky. 

Aren't you Pilots taught how to use inertial navigation system?? =D

As for the choice, obviously A330. Look at this, pure elegance:

2010-06-30_A330_LH_D-AIKK_EDDF_02.jpg

• Like 3
Rafal Haczek
10 hours ago, EKruglov said:

As for the choice, obviously A330. Look at this, pure elegance

As a person raised in times where four engines were for long-haul, I will say A330 looks to me like an A340 which lost two engines over the ocean. :D

• Like 1
Daniel Reber
2 hours ago, Rafal Haczek said:

As a person raised in times where four engines were for long-haul, I will say A330 looks to me like an A340 which lost two engines over the ocean. :D

Yes I always say that, too. But even if. The A330 is still my second favorite plane. nly A340 can beat her.

Simply more than only pure elegance:

797257.jpg[/img]

684502.jpg[/img]

d-aihq-lufthansa-airbus-a340-642_Planesp

d-aihi-lufthansa-airbus-a340-642_Planesp

Lufthansa_Airbus_A340-600_on_short_final

There is no more beautiful plane than this massive big bird. Love her:wub:

Simply look at those pictures and you should be able to know why I do.

• Like 2
Søren Dissing
59 minutes ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

There is no more beautiful plane than this massive big bird. Love her:wub:

Simply look at those pictures and you should be able to know why I do.

Nice pictures, but ... so far 11 people have voted for the A340 in your poll. Not exactly a convincing business case for FSLabs.

Daniel Reber
1 hour ago, Søren Dissing said:

Nice pictures, but ... so far 11 people have voted for the A340 in your poll. Not exactly a convincing business case for FSLabs.

Yes that´s right. But did you already take a look on the voters for the A330? I´m quite sure that 90% of them would vote for the A340 next.