FPS loss with Spotlights

John Fairman

I have encountered a significant frames per second loss with Spotlights installed. I have installed the latest binaries,.193, with the latest Spotlights v32. I have noticed a very welcome drop in VAS usage with this version.

in the VC at a payware airport, UK2000 EGSS, I am getting 30fps which is what my sim is set to. this is without Spotlights. With Spotlights installed the FPS drops to 20. Is this normal?  This was also present in the previous version, binaries v193 & Spotlights v31.

in the same situation with PMDG 777 the FPS is at 30.

My P3D is the latest fully updated version.

My rig is I7 4770 running at 4.1ghz, GTX1080 graphics card. I run a 4K monitor with resolution set to 30hz. In sim I run with sync and triple buffering on and frames set to unlimited. My P3D settings are fairly mid range.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

thanks

John Fairman

Lars Schneider

same here, with 737NGX and 777 i'm easily reaching 60 fps on cruise altitude, with a generally smooth experience.With the FSL Bus its about 30 fps and the framerate is all over the place (varying between 10 and 35 frames). I disabled spotlights inflight which made the sim much smoother. Will try a full reinstall of FSL Spotlights tonight

This is on latest binaries (93) and v32 spotlights. On v31 spotlights i did only one flight but this was much smoother than with v32. 

I'm not running a limiter btw as this doesnt go well with my system. Frames are set to unlimited with VSYNC on on 60hz screen

My system: I7-4790k / 32 GB RAM / GTX1080

FSLabs A320 was installed with 2048 textures and VC only

Nicholas Mangioros

Also observed some jerkiness with the new update a320/fsspotlights but didn't have time to check why perhaps also the shader cache tweek.

Thanks

Nikolas

Sent from my MHA-AL00 using Tapatalk

Hi Lefteris,

No external frame limiter. Frames are set to unlimited in the sim. The frame rate is set by the monitors resolution of 30hz and vsync set in the sim.

Regards

John

Hendrik Herryjanto

I too am experiencing the same issue. Flying at night would cost more fps than during the day. I just tried turning all the lighting off in the VC and it gives me a boost of FPS.

i5 6600K oc'ed 4.2 Ghz
ATI 7870
16 Gb DDR4 

Hendrik Herryjanto

I too am experiencing the same issue. Flying at night would cost more fps than during the day. I just tried turning all the lighting off in the VC and it gives me a boost of FPS.

i5 6600K oc'ed 4.2 Ghz
ATI 7870
16 Gb DDR4 
A320X v193
Fs Spotlights v32
unlimited FPS and no Vsync

My loss in fps performance was in daylight with no lights turned on.

I have tried running with Vsync off and frames set to unlimited - still showing a loss in fps with spotlights installed.

Regards

John

• 2 months later...
Gerald Krutsch

Hello guys,

I will bring this again up since I suffer from the same framedrops with other ACFTS in FSX SE when spotlights is installed (latest .33 version).

My rig is quite good (if you look in my signature) and I never had problems with framerates in FSX. A while ago I started to see more and more stutters with other ACFT (AS, PMDG for example). I complained about it on theyre forums but was unable to find the culprit. I've rebuild my CFG, rebuilded my shaders..., somethimes the sim will work fine, somethimes I get low as 17 FPS (e.g. today at night approaching EDDM with the NGX).

I started again to look for the culprit step by step modifying sim settings, inspector settings, get latest drivers, uninstalling visual addons...nothing helped until I uninstalled Spotlights. I didn't even restart my computer after that, just fiered up my sim in the same place at the same conditions looking at the frames (displayed by GeForce Experience) and boom I have a steady 70+ FPS (with drops to 50 when something new loads up like Traffic or GSX which is normal) where with spotlights I had 45..50FPS.