Louis Willcocks

P3D release?

32 posts in this topic

Anybody have any idea when the P3D version for the A320-X will be released, just cannot wait.

4 people like this

They already said so many times that they will NOT provide any information about the release date. Please respect their policy. :)

1 person likes this

This thread will be locked soon-_-

With all due respect its a bit frustrating thou... Its been a long 4 months since the FSX version came out and the P3D community is still waiting... I understand that quality takes time but at least update us. I mean there wasn't even a merry christmas post, its about the small details and lack of communication between the seller and the customer. Don't get me wrong I love FSL and I spent lots of hours flying the wonderful concorde in P3D which is a marvellous product! Its starting to become just a little bit frustrating now..

8 people like this

1 minute ago, Raoul said:

With all due respect its a bit frustrating thou... Its been a long 4 months since the FSX version came out and the P3D community is still waiting

Oh boo hoo. Imagine how we felt when we had to wait over 6 years for the FSX release. I remember watching as they got well into the development stage only to see an update post saying that they had to pull everything back down because of a misunderstanding in the electrical wiring documentation. I remember, and peperidge farm remembers

Since the new update version of fsx has some new bugs, i don't think the P3D is coming soon.

1 person likes this

I don't know how long this has been in the FAQ now but maybe they are having some troubles:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: In P3D (NOT FSX or FSX-SE), there is a lag in response when clicking any of the buttons in the MCDU, why is that?

A: This is due to an issue in the core LM P3D system and not the FSL A320X code.   We've mentioned this issue many times to LM and we request our customers to inform LM as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

But I agree, can't wait for the P3D release to drop.

Only for the FSL A320-X I have installed a seperate Windows on a seperate partition to install FSX and a few elementary addons again (so that it doesn't screw up my main P3D sim).

Anyways... can you guys smell that ??? I smell a locked thread :D

That lag has been fixed a loooong time ago. It affected everything.

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, bgrade said:

Oh boo hoo. Imagine how we felt when we had to wait over 6 years for the FSX release. I remember watching as they got well into the development stage only to see an update post saying that they had to pull everything back down because of a misunderstanding in the electrical wiring documentation. I remember, and peperidge farm remembers

You just have to love the sim community some times, I am in no way boo hooing mate ;)  And as I said I know quality takes time and I was not asking for a release date just about more communication, if there are problems then tell us, thats all 

and I am not insisiting I just wrote my personal opinion 

the following thing isn't meant to be rude or something. If FSL needs time to finish the product, so it is. I am sure it will be perfect.

But after the FSX release i said "I hope the P3D version won't take month to befinished..". One of the developer said "of course not, it is just a matter of weeks"..

Well.. here we are, 4 month later. :D:D

1 person likes this

Well they aren't wrong. 4 months is 16 weeks. They didn't specify how many weeks 

2 people like this

I think the priority for them at this moment is to stabilize the product for those who are aleady customers (FSX release). They DO want to get the P3D version out, its more sales after all, it will bring more customers, but for them (i think) FSX is the priority. They will say something about P3D when they think its ready.

Also remember they had to wait for LM to release the latest hotfix to continue the P3D beta. And as @cyberstudio mentioned, they are probably busy fixing the issues introduced in .184. I know it's frustrating to have to wait this long, but I am sure it's frustrating on FSL side as well.. The best thing is to either get FSX SE and experience the bus on it until the P3D version is out .. or wait.

I dont regret putting FSX SE on my PC so I could log time, on the bus and experience the best add-on out there.. 

1 person likes this

On 30/12/2016 at 3:05 PM, Raoul said:

With all due respect its a bit frustrating thou... Its been a long 4 months since the FSX version came out and the P3D community is still waiting... I understand that quality takes time but at least update us. I mean there wasn't even a merry christmas post, its about the small details and lack of communication between the seller and the customer. Don't get me wrong I love FSL and I spent lots of hours flying the wonderful concorde in P3D which is a marvellous product! Its starting to become just a little bit frustrating now..

Yeah this whole wall of silence over the festive period has been a massive disappointment. They knew that a lot of us were hoping for this to be out before 2017. A few words updating us on what the situation is certainly wouldn't have gone a miss. Ah well

5 people like this

21 minutes ago, The_Richtig said:

Yeah this whole wall of silence over the festive period has been a massive disappointment. They knew that a lot of us were hoping for this to be out before 2017. A few words updating us on what the situation is certainly wouldn't have gone a miss. Ah well

Exactly! Ab big dissapointment indeed! 

And thats not how you treat future customers of which you await paying a lot of money later on, but hey ho thats only my opinion 

I agree that FSL can be more transparent to their customers, but on the other hand I would think that Lefteris wants to release the bus for P3D yesterday, it is more income for his company, and I don't think they are taking their time to release just because they dont care.  Remember they had to wait for LM to release the latest P3D hotfix to continue the beta, and also update 184 introduced new issues. This is my humble opinion, I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but these guys care a lot about their product and their customers, I know it's no fun waiting, but look at it this way, we waited 6 years, and this is the last stretch until we see the A320-X on P3D...  Happy New Year everyone :)

1 person likes this

What do you want to hear? An announcement will probably say "We're working on it, we need to stabilise the FSX version first, it's going to be awesome, we can't give dates at the point, thanks for your patience and here's a screenshot.".

Do we want them to give these updates every week or do we want them to focus on actually working on it?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

5 people like this

A very brief update from me - 

Lockheed Martin posted Hotfix 2 for P3D v3.4 during Christmas week - which only gave us a few days to install/test/compile a build with the A320 before our teams dispersed for the holiday period. That said, the Beta team received a new A320 build for FSX and P3D on Christmas Eve and I'm anticipating they'll receive another one early this week. Things are progressing, even over the holiday period. We still have some points to discuss with LM, who aren't back in the office until next week. 

I'll post more updates on our progress as we continue to finalise the A320 release for P3D.

Best wishes to everyone for 2017. 

19 people like this

@Andrew Wilson

Thanks for your always straight forward and unpretentious updates. You make a difference. Much appreciated!

happy new year

1 person likes this

Thank you very much Andrew for tge update, its very appreciated! :) 

Happy new year and I absolutely can't wait to finally get my hands on your A320 as well! 

Hi at all. I have the 320x for FSX and am waiting for P3D version. But it will be compatible for v2.5 or v3.4 I have to go to?

Only P3D 3.4 will be supported.

1 person likes this

Just a little question, if I may ask:

Will the versions following the release version( SP1, etc ) stay backwards-compatible with v3.4( or the version it's going to be released for, altough I hope it will still be 3.4 :P)?

Regards,

Niklas

@Andrew Wilson

That's exactly the sort of customer (or for some a potential one) care you need to deliver, and when delivered it is very appreciated. 

People's needs are fundamentally simple, and only require the tiniest bit of information to feel empowered and valued. A weekly brief (even just a sentence or two) on where you're at would surely quell any worries and infact endear people to the whole journey of delivering this excellent project. 

Whilst hard fact is sometimes hard to come by, a little insight goes a long way!

9 people like this

10 hours ago, olibarke said:

@Andrew Wilson

That's exactly the sort of customer (or for some a potential one) care you need to deliver, and when delivered it is very appreciated. 

People's needs are fundamentally simple, and only require the tiniest bit of information to feel empowered and valued. A weekly brief (even just a sentence or two) on where you're at would surely quell any worries and infact endear people to the whole journey of delivering this excellent project. 

Whilst hard fact is sometimes hard to come by, a little insight goes a long way!

I sincerely doubt i'll read a better post this year, excluding the one announcing the release. So little text and so much content, awesome!

3 people like this

14 minutes ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

I sincerely doubt i'll read a better post this year, excluding the one announcing the release. So little text and so much content, awesome!

Absolutely, at my company we would call it a best practice and make a lesson learnt about that.